• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeans to wear with your flight jackets ...

blackrat2

Yep for sure
If you go through Denimio your paying retail price for Japan not the revised price but guess you know this

blackrat2

69582F55-2E69-48DA-962F-9042FAC32E65.jpeg
750CF79C-9E86-406D-8C33-8EF6CEDCDEF4.jpeg
8483AFCE-E494-4700-AC94-26D6635A0AF7.jpeg

blackrat2

Got the TCB 40’s jacket
Nice denim and pretty well put together
The T back is a nice feature on the larger sizes
I had a 44 which I am selling if anyone interested and settled on the 46 in the picture
Will try some of there jeans next

Bombing IP

Can anyone recommend a pair of selvedge jeans that are high waist-ed in the rise and are not not high priced and wear good .

BIP

M. from Berlin

[QUOTE = "Bombing IP, Post: 300122, Mitglied: 5525"]
Kann mir jemand eine Webkantenjeans empfehlen, die im Aufstieg eine hohe Taille hat und nicht teuer ist und sich gut trägt.

BIP
[/ZITAT]

stanier

Can anyone recommend a pair of selvedge jeans that are high waist-ed in the rise and are not not high priced and wear good .

BIP
Personally I would suggest the Lee 1943 WWII denim. If they're anything like other Lee Japan Archives denim, they are perfect copy cut repro's in killer hard wearing denim, and a good price. You can see 'em in the link below

Bombing IP

Stanier thanks for your input most appreciated ,how ever I need a 38 inch waist and they only go up to 36" .I must say you are a real sleuth when it comes to finding jeans very impressed . I really hate this current crop of low waist-ed jeans on offer the ones I have at home I just want to put in the dumpster ,there like a pair of glasses that do not fit annoying .

RGds BIP

blackrat2

BIP
check out TCB WW2 jeans
Reasonable price and there denim is awesome
Just be specific with your sizing as there sizes can be hit and miss

Bombing IP

Hi Black rat thanks for the heads up ,I checked them out nice jeans .I will not pay that price for jeans $220.00 + shipping , I am more around $120 or less am I expecting to much ? .Oh and they need to be 38W most companies stop at 36W .

BIP

blackrat2

No I get that for sure, which is why I am so hacked off with how Levis have gone
Check Denimio as they might have TCB for less
Have to say those Bronson look ok...I haven’t checked waist sizes on TCB or that Bronson link though BIP

stanier

Sugar Cane 47's might be what you're looking for. Ok, not WWII but should be able to meet your price point and size and incredible denim. Far, far superior to the LVC namesake.

Bombing IP

Levis I have had do not seem to last just as the denim come into play the pockets disintegrate and the crotch blows out ,thanks Stanier for the heads up on Sugar Cane I will check into them .

BIP

Grant

Keep an eye out on ebay, Facebook and Instagram for guys selling Valencia St 555 LVC. Every now and then, some nice denim still comes up at not crazy prices.Five years ago I bought these unwashed tagged LVC 555 '37 Cone Mills 201's dry with tags for $120 and have worn the hell of of them. No blown out crotch and worn pocket bags. The denim does not give up fades easily and wears like iron, unlike a lot of current Japanese denim. If you can find old LVC Japan, even better.

LVC1.jpg
5022.jpg

blackrat2

Has anyone here had any experience of the Bronson denims
Also has anyone gotten a pair of there chinos, ideally both versions they do, to do a comparison

B-Man2

Has anyone here had any experience of the Bronson denims
Also has anyone gotten a pair of there chinos, ideally both versions they do, to do a comparison
Hi
I purchased 2 sets of their 15 oz Selvedge jeans which are currently on sale at 59.99 and I'm happy as a clam with them .

blackrat2

Thanks for that, might shed out for a pair soon as not sure the levis will be about much longer, crotch blows, pockets etc etc

stanier

Keep an eye out on ebay, Facebook and Instagram for guys selling Valencia St 555 LVC. Every now and then, some nice denim still comes up at not crazy prices.Five years ago I bought these unwashed tagged LVC 555 '37 Cone Mills 201's dry with tags for $120 and have worn the hell of of them. No blown out crotch and worn pocket bags. The denim does not give up fades easily and wears like iron, unlike a lot of current Japanese denim. If you can find old LVC Japan, even better.

View attachment 51834View attachment 51836
You always manage to make your pieces look so cool in your pics Grant. The 555 201's are such nice jeans. I had a pair and they were lovely. The only snag I found is that they were seriously undersized. I had a pair tagged 36 waist and hoped they'd be around 34 but when they arrived they were pretty much a 32 waist and I had to move them on the end. You got a great result with that pair!