• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeans to wear with your flight jackets ...

Greg Gale

Sorry, but isn’t the second amenent about the right to bear arms? If so, what does that have to do with the US entering the war or making A-2 jackets? A lot of country did so without having this in their constitution. Many enemies were more than willing to step on US soil, they just never got close. Not because civilans had guns, but for many other reasons. Sorry, I’m just lost a bit and can’t really see the point you’re trying to make, nor how it’s all connected.

Greg Gale

I see you edited your post. I simply said I like it when famous people and organizations stand up for what they believe in, whereas you came saying Levi is going against the NRA, so you’ll never buy from them again. So...Which one of us shared their political beliefs? ;)

Bombing IP

I see you edited your post. I simply said I like it when famous people and organizations stand up for what they believe in, whereas you came saying Levi is going against the NRA, so you’ll never buy from them again. So...Which one of us shared their political beliefs? ;)

Your going down the politic worm hole ,which you said you did not want to do because this site is about leather jackets . Your off topic my friend .

BIP

Southoftheborder

Your going down the politic worm hole ,which you said you did not want to do because this site is about leather jackets . Your off topic my friend .

BIP

Well to be fair, and I know that isn't very fashionable anymore, Whatsit brought politics into the thread by complaining about Levi giving money to organisations combating the NRA. I have no idea whether the company is doing that BTW.

As a twentieth century American politician once put it: 'Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.'

Cocker

Looks not too bad. But again, for that price, I'd go with Lutece... Yah, I know, broken record and all that sort of things! :D

Greg Gale

Unfortunately jeans are too risky to order from the internet. Very hard to determine the fit based on numbers only. Sounds like a good deal though.

Greg Gale

Oh what the...since I already have a package being compiled in a Chinese warehouse, I ordered one of these Bronson 801s to be added. Measurements sound about right except for the wide-is thigh. The rise seems high enough, it's selvedge, for the price it's worth a try. (Especially considering how happy I've been with every Bronson product I've ordered so far.)

Artie

Guys not sure if it’s been said already. Check out Brave Star selvedge denim. All made in the USA
Including the cone mills denim they use, even the rivers and buttons all made in the USA
Best part is ...drum roll please .......................................…They cost around $90

Oh and.....your welcome ..

Greg Gale

My Bronson 801xx arrived today. 14.5 Oz selvedge denim. Not the best quality I've seen, but better than the Levi's 501 I tried on last week, and for half the price. I'm quite satisfied. It has a high rise like I wanted, but it's not too baggy. Vintage, but wearable. Even my girlfriend loves it. They do run large, so I went for a size smaller - 31 instead of 32 - , and I'm glad I did so. I was worried about the 21 cm leg width at the bottom, but it doesn't look too baggy at all. One thing is strange though, the surface of the jeans is full of tiny "hair"/ tiny fibers, as if it was kept on a rug for a long time. Not sure what it is or whether they will rub off. Bottom line is I1m a happy owner of a pair of vintage style selvedge jeans, and for the money it was a no brainer.

IMG_1622.JPG

Boyo

Greg, I think the fibers you are referring to are known as "Slub" or "slubbyness" it has to do with how the denim was processed ( But really how it hasn't been processed) as that hair is often seared off with heat in modern manufacturing. were they advertised as "Raw Denim"?

Greg Gale

I'm not sure because it was in Chinese, and I google translated it. It was advertised as selvedge, but not raw, I think. What do you suggest I do with them? Will they come off eventually? This fluffyness is not very noticeable, only from real close.