• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeans to wear with your flight jackets ...

Dubpynchon

Pike Brothers make some good gear, I have two jumpers I bought off them years ago, very warm and solid, it must be the German winters.

CBI

yes John, I also totally agree, love raw selvedge denim but for me, its not worth dealing with the color bleed on everything. I have to put towel on my car seat if I want to wear them othe wise the tan leather turns blue. That's what happened with our other car. Yeh, there are all sorts of things you cna try to reduce bleed but its still there. Jean looks cool but.............

John Lever

yes John, I also totally agree, love raw selvedge denim but for me, its not worth dealing with the color bleed on everything. I have to put towel on my car seat if I want to wear them othe wise the tan leather turns blue. That's what happened with our other car. Yeh, there are all sorts of things you cna try to reduce bleed but its still there. Jean looks cool but.............
I had the same issue on my cream leather seats so stopped wearing selvedge denim

blackrat2

Not sure it’s something I am gonna keep or even if it suits me , but snagged the is Lee Chore Jacket
As far as I can tell it’s original but it have no idea how you age these things..couple of pics and feel free to chime in with any info or drop a DM if interested
It’s tagged 42 but runs large
C571CCFE-D87D-4AF5-B7ED-C55846CB745B.jpeg
C571CCFE-D87D-4AF5-B7ED-C55846CB745B.jpeg
C6CF4BAB-4A79-4C2D-98EB-3FD3470F9AA9.jpeg
97C35827-7EA4-45B6-9E10-43C18D59C0DA.jpeg
4AF9DDFC-D543-4F5A-AB51-E81730AFA585.jpeg
4F282379-68B7-4530-91BF-56CD015138DD.jpeg
A3257354-DBE5-449F-8D4E-83945D2C47D2.jpeg

Grant

Not sure it’s something I am gonna keep or even if it suits me , but snagged the is Lee Chore Jacket
As far as I can tell it’s original but it have no idea how you age these things..couple of pics and feel free to chime in with any info or drop a DM if interested
It’s tagged 42 but runs large View attachment 86691

Nice all original Lee denim jacket. The circle R and M.R. in the label dates it to the 1970's.

Happy Hooligan

If anyone has some older pairs or newer pairs they don't wear in a 32 waist at 34+ inseam, I'm looking for some to replace my bigger sizes.

blackrat2

Will have a look for you..have some LVC 44’s, have had crotch blow but been repaired if your interested

johnwayne

Checked out Ironheart and clearly the ELC of the denim market! Nearly £300 for a pair of jeans - wow, just wow! Here in UK we’ve several new independent makers popping up with similar prices but I just can’t get my heard around that sort of outlay for jeans!! I always used to believe you get what you pay for in real clothing/shoes ie non-high street more bespoke gear but crikey jeans for that price I’d expect but doubt, they should last for years!!!

mulceber

IH got their start making jeans for bikers, and, at 21 oz (twice the weight of your average pair of Levi's), they've got what it takes to last.;)

Chandler

IH got their start making jeans for bikers, and, at 21 oz (twice the weight of your average pair of Levi's), they've got what it takes to last.;)
I like the 13 oz. weight of my Dearborn Denims (which I think 501s are) -- I can't imagine wearing 21 oz. jeans that first time!

Then again, back in the 70s we always washed our Levi's once before wearing and often wore the 501s in a hot bath to get 'em to shrink. ;)