• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jake Cutter Tales Gold Monkey - A2 Flying Tigers

442RCT

If you are a fan of the TV series, you know that Jake Cutter was a Flying Tiger.
His character had been badly wounded and sent to recover in Hawaii. His story takes off from there.
Jake Cutter's jacket retained the AVG Flying Tiger blood chit on back but had the unit patch removed from the front, as does this jacket.

If you have a repro...and you give it a good story to go along with it, maybe someone will believe it.
Nice looking woman in the pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jake-Cutter-Tales-G ... 45efe5ff52

Chris217

That was one of my favorite shows on TV as a kid...In fact, Jake Cutter's Blood Chit clad A-2 is what started this jacket collecting madness for me!

It's a shame they don't make television shows like that anymore :x

Burnsie

Loved that show. I remember one episode where his buddy was reading a Superman comic that looked like a real old comic. I was impressed with the attention to detail! Never seen it on video or anything but what I remember was good...

havocpaul

I have fond memories of the show which was on tv in the UK in the early '80's. I still have the special fold-out poster magazine produced from the show! Trouble was, I'd been wearing original A-2's, some with blood chits on the back and suddenly everyone thought I was copying the programme!

442RCT

Tokyo Jones said:
It has been available in backchannels on DVD but my understanding is that an official release is in development.

I found this this website for "Gold Monkiacs" is selling DVDs from the UK.

http://www.goldmonkey.com/

I'm not exactly a GM (Gold Monkiac), I don't really remember much about the show. :oops: But if the hero wore an A2 with a blood chit, it must'a been good. :lol:

Tokyo Jones

442RCT said:
Tokyo Jones said:
It has been available in backchannels on DVD but my understanding is that an official release is in development.

I found this this website for "Gold Monkiacs" is selling DVDs from the UK.

http://www.goldmonkey.com/

I'm not exactly a GM (Gold Monkiac), I don't really remember much about the show. :oops: But if the hero wore an A2 with a blood chit, it must'a been good. :lol:

Extremely good. In the mind of a 10 year old boy whose life had been changed forever by Raiders of the Lost Ark...But I haven't seen the show in far too long to speculate on its watchability these days.

The Gold Monkiacs you speak of are the backchannel. A group called "Fabulous Films," with a decidedly not fabulous US Flash-based website, now has the rights to the DVD distribution, according to Wikipedia. I always feared the goldmonkey.com DVDs would be some terrible VHS rip, like my Secret of the Incas copy. If "Fabulous Films" has made a decent transfer from the original tapes, it might be worth checking out!

442RCT

The Gold Monkiacs you speak of are the backchannel. A group called "Fabulous Films," with a decidedly not fabulous US Flash-based website, now has the rights to the DVD distribution, according to Wikipedia. I always feared the goldmonkey.com DVDs would be some terrible VHS rip, like my Secret of the Incas copy. If "Fabulous Films" has made a decent transfer from the original tapes, it might be worth checking out!

I've downloaded a copy of the 2 hr pilot for "Tales of the Gold Monkey" and you're right about it being a VHS transfer. It's not all that high a quality transfer, I'd have to give it a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being DVD quality.

Tokyo Jones

442RCT said:

I've downloaded a copy of the 2 hr pilot for "Tales of the Gold Monkey" and you're right about it being a VHS transfer. It's not all that high a quality transfer, I'd have to give it a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being DVD quality.

Nothing like watching a 320 x 240 video file on your computer with the good old rolling static bars from the bad old days of VHS! I still made it through Secret of the Incas, though.

Were there commercials in your DL of the ToGM pilot?

442RCT

Were there commercials in your DL of the ToGM pilot?

I didn't see any commercials. I sampled scenes from the 6th episode, "The Lady or the Tiger".

It was pretty trippy. Jake's Goose goes down on a Japanese occupied island where the officer in charge is a fan of US western movies. The officer is dressed up like a movie cowboy, complete with a low slung sixshooter. Somehow Jake and the Japanese officer end up in a high noon fast draw shootout at the end of the show....like I said it was pretty weird, it must have been made during the fast draw, spaghetti western craze.