• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jackets in T.V. Series Twelve O’Clock High

Dumpster D

The scarf is simply an OD mohair scarf popular with American service members at the time. They aren’t as common as the several styles of knit ones but it’s nothing crazy either.

Is This the one? This is the only photo I could find. A lighter shade of OD green, flat edge and pilling like it's angora and not wool.

Attachments

• Gloves.png
    Gloves.png
    638.9 KB · Views: 64

Dumpster D

That appears to be one
Just wondering how you know it's made of mohair? Is there a tag or any further detail you might have on the manufacture? Apparently mohair is more expensive and luxuriant than Sheep wool. It's from a special breed of goat. Possibly part of the reason why there's not as many of those scarves as the wool ones. I'm trying to get my head around all the different types of yarn. There's Cashmere goat, angora goat, angora Rabbit, Alpaca etc. Anyway, Sorry for going Waaayy off topic once again. I never really noticed the two piece backs on those A-2's before! I'm amazed how you guys know your A-2's!!

Last edited:

Dnewc

Just wondering how you know it's made of mohair? Is there a tag or any further detail you might have on the manufacture? Apparently mohair is more expensive and luxuriant than Sheep wool. It's from a special breed of goat. Possibly part of the reason why there's not as many of those scarves as the wool ones. I'm trying to get my head around all the different types of yarn. There's Cashmere goat, angora goat, angora Rabbit, Alpaca etc. Anyway, Sorry for going Waaayy off topic once again. I never really noticed the two piece backs on those A-2's before! I'm amazed how you guys know your A-2's!!
I always assumed, based on the look and feel, that they were mohair. I doubt many examples are tagged. A look at the 1944 QMC catalog would confirm for sure if they were even an issued item. The only style I know for sure that was issued is the tubular knit version.

Dumpster D

I always assumed, based on the look and feel, that they were mohair. I doubt many examples are tagged. A look at the 1944 QMC catalog would confirm for sure if they were even an issued item. The only style I know for sure that was issued is the tubular knit version.
It could be Merino wool, sometimes Merino is mixed with mohair. Hard to say.

Micawber

I recently came across The American Jacket and I must say, they provide some of the best T.V series jackets out there! Their collection is extensive and caters to the fashion needs of every T.V series enthusiast.

From the iconic leather jackets worn by the characters of popular shows like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, to the stylish and T.V series leather jackets seen on the cast of Riverdale and Stranger Things, The American Jacket has it all. What's more impressive is their attention to detail and commitment to using high-quality materials. The jackets are not just stylish, but also durable and comfortable to wear. Overall, if you're a fan of T.V series and want to show your love for your favorite characters,The American Jacket is definitely the go-to place for you. I highly recommend checking them out!

Hmmmmm

1641504675-GettyImages-471531747.jpg