• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket restoration?

handworn

Hi! I'm a recently minted vintage leather jacket enthusiast, and have been lurking for a while without commenting or posting here, but now I am.

Is there a list or thread somewhere here about restorers of early jackets? I have an original M422a which needs help, and the serious players in the high-quality reproduction field seem to be reluctant at best to do restorations at all, given their time constraints making the new ones. I might be able to get the materials from them, but I'd rather not entrust my piece of American history to just any old tailor, if you see what I mean.

Thanks!

handworn

Wonderful! A million thanks to you both (and to anyone else who has any future suggestions).

I know you get what you pay for, but how pricy were they? Is there a part of their website that I missed which deals with restorations?

Thanks again.

Miles_Archer said:
Seconded. Aero does tremendous restorations.

Vcruiser

handworn said:
Wonderful! A million thanks to you both (and to anyone else who has any future suggestions).

I know you get what you pay for, but how pricy were they? Is there a part of their website that I missed which deals with restorations?

Thanks again.

Miles_Archer said:

hw
Just click on "contact us"....and specify what you have in mind. Amanda will be able to give you all the info and prices....or ask for Will. He can probably inform you about what all is required to do the job.
Van

Peter Graham

I think they are very resonable. Recently I had them fit cuffs and waistbands to an A-2 and an AN-J-3A and they charged me about £120 all in for both. The quality of work was fantastic. Here's a pic of the AN-J-3A. They got every stitch through the original holes.
jackets006-1.jpg

handworn

I'm a bit confused now (though grateful for the help). Do you work for Aero? The thing on the left says you're from Indiana, and they're in Scotland, right?

Thanks,

handworn

Vcruiser said:
handworn said:

Thanks again.

Miles_Archer said:

hw
Just click on "contact us"....and specify what you have in mind. Amanda will be able to give you all the info and prices....or ask for Will. He can probably inform you about what all is required to do the job.
Van

Vcruiser

handworn said:
I'm a bit confused now (though grateful for the help). Do you work for Aero? The thing on the left says you're from Indiana, and they're in Scotland, right?

Thanks,

handworn

Miles_Archer said:

hw
Van[/quote][/quote]

Right!...I'm from Indiana,USA. No...I don't work for Aero...don't work at all(retired). I've just delt with Aero alot in the past!
You wouldn't happen to reside in Spain...would you?? :mrgreen:
Van

handworn

The "contact us" threw me off, though it shouldn't have. It should have been clear (and now that I take a clear-headed look at it, it is) that you were quoting from Aero's website.

Vcruiser said:
handworn said:
Right!...I'm from Indiana,USA. No...I don't work for Aero...don't work at all(retired). I've just delt with Aero alot in the past!
Van

hacker

Vcruiser said:
handworn said:

Thanks,

handworn

Van

That would be handjob... :oops:

Hacker

Vcruiser

hacker said:
Vcruiser said:
handworn said:

Thanks,

handworn

Van

That would be handjob... :oops:

Hacker

...or headworn.... :oops:
Dawg