• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket fit for the unfit!!

Arthur

As I grow older, I suffer from the inevitable weight distribution that occurs with many of us. I look back at my A-2 purchases over the years and much to my dismay, the sizes have progressed from 42 to now 46. Unfortunately my Real McCoys Roughwear is fitting a bit snug at the waist. Invariably, I pick up weight in the winter as my outside activity decreases same as many i’m sure.
So this brings me to my question? Of all the repros contracts currently available, which are cut bigger in the waist? I remember reading that some contracts were cut for a much slimmer build with more taper. Maybe like the difference in shirts that are “trim fit” versus “classic fit”Are there any that are more generous in girth as a standard size? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Juanito

I am right there with you on the sizing. My experience e has been that the house Eastman jackets are more forgiving. Of all the A-2 jackets I have the size 46 Eastman .50 cal fits me the best, with my Size 46 Good Wear Knopf the runner up, then the 46 Platon Dubow.

At 5'8" and now 180 lbs, I am starting to run into A-2s that fit the chest, shoulders and waist being slightly long, but that Eastman, the Knopf, and the Platon Dubow which seems to run a little short fit me best.

Southoftheborder

Second that. The house Eastman are very blousy around the waist. Not quite G&B Historic range baggy but not far off. In fact a 44 house Eastman I had was similar in fit and size to a 42 G&B I had years ago, if not quite so baggy.

silvio76

As I grow older, I suffer from the inevitable weight distribution that occurs with many of us. I look back at my A-2 purchases over the years and much to my dismay, the sizes have progressed from 42 to now 46. Unfortunately my Real McCoys Roughwear is fitting a bit snug at the waist. Invariably, I pick up weight in the winter as my outside activity decreases same as many i’m sure.
So this brings me to my question? Of all the repros contracts currently available, which are cut bigger in the waist? I remember reading that some contracts were cut for a much slimmer build with more taper. Maybe like the difference in shirts that are “trim fit” versus “classic fit”Are there any that are more generous in girth as a standard size? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My experience, the baggiest jacket i ever had was BK roughwear 27752.

Micawber

Timely post as the medication I've been on for some time has meant I have taken on a rather fetching pear shape, in fact I might change my username to Mr Pickwick lol.

zoomer

G&B are built bigger all over, not just thru the waist. You get about 10" extra thru the chest and big shoulders too.

Garylafortuna

If you get onto the Good Wear site, Mr Chapman tells you which contracts are more comfortable around the midriff, and which ones are cut more for the athletic build. All the Rough Wear contracts were a little blousier I think.

zoomer

I'm 46R, 41W. My best fit so far has been the Eastman 1937 HLB. Extra waist room, but not sloppy (YMMV). (Note: these are temporarily not being made until ELC trains a new operator.)

One of these days I would love to have a 1932 Security repop. Those had some blousing, all right.

Note that NO faithful A-2 repop will fit a neck size 18" or above. On size 46 you can zip it all the way up, but hooking the collar latch is impossible.

Last edited: