• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket fit and shoulder width.

rob20uk

Hey All,

Just a quick question, have you found that if you lose a stone or two in weight (mainly around the middle) that your jackets still fit fine? I am thinking that the shoulders are the more important area so if your jacket fits right in the shoulder then it should still fit OK even if you lose weight. I am just keen to hear your thoughts.

I am a 42 in Aero Highwayman and a 44 in Eastam A2 and G1. I have reasonably broad shoulders and those jackets seem to fit with the arm drooping at the bone of the shoulder. Should I be worrying that losing a stone is going to make my jackets look too big?

Any thoughts or experiences would be much appreciated.

Dany McDonald

Silly question but is a stone = 6 kg?

If yes then sure your wardrobe and jackets will fit looser and even feel wrong on your body. Shoulders are an integral part of a good fit but like Steve just said, when losing muscle and fat, it's your entire shape that is being affected not just your belly. It all depends on the amount of fat you are going to loose vs the muscle gain you aim for if any.

Hope this helps!

Dany

rob20uk

Silly question but is a stone = 6 kg?

If yes then sure your wardrobe and jackets will fit looser and even feel wrong on your body. Shoulders are an integral part of a good fit but like Steve just said, when losing muscle and fat, it's your entire shape that is being affected not just your belly. It all depends on the amount of fat you are going to loose vs the muscle gain you aim for if any.

Hope this helps!

Dany
yes, a stone is around 6KG

I guess it's a good job I am losing weight at the gym where we are focusing on building out the shoulder muscles. On the plus, I think a lot of the jackets were more snug (tight) around the belly before, especially on the Eastmans. I have lost a stone already and my Eastmans are starting to fit like they were designed to fit. I guess I just need to keep working on building those shoulders so that I can keep the jackets looking good on me.

Hell, I don't want to have to sell my Aero jackets, I have spent a lot of money on them!

Dany McDonald

Hi Rob,

Wow good job man, it's very empowering to get in shape and see and feel the results, good for you.

If you are building muscles while loosing weight you should feel good in your A-2's !

Dany

rob20uk

Hi Rob,

Wow good job man, it's very empowering to get in shape and see and feel the results, good for you.

If you are building muscles while loosing weight you should feel good in your A-2's !

Dany
Thanks. My Eastman G-1 is already fitting much better. I just hope my awesome Aero black highwayman still fits me in the end ;)