• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket Fade…Will it Work? ….

Smithy

T

That would do me in. I can handle anything except spiders. Can’t even handle the big black and yellow garden spiders we have. And if they’re too big to step on, fuuuuuck thaaaat! Jesus! I’d sooner have a fucking bear chasing me.

And I didn't even mention the snakes ;)

Pa12

snakes I don’t mind. Even my wife untangled one out of her flower bed netting yesterday. But there’s something about spiders that sends a shiver down my spine. Must have been eaten by a giant one in my previous life

Smithy

Problem with Melbourne was that we had two of the most poisonous snakes in the world; the brown and the tiger snake. Every hospital in the city has antivenom so you're covered but you'll feel like shit for a few days if you get bitten.

If you went to the park for a wander you used to see them warming themselves up in the sun on the footpath.

My daughter wouldn't go into long grass here for a couple of years because it had been ingrained in her not to do it without a big stick and making a lot of noise.

Chandler

T

That would do me in. I can handle anything except spiders. Can’t even handle the big black and yellow garden spiders we have. And if they’re too big to step on, fuuuuuck thaaaat! Jesus! I’d sooner have a fucking bear chasing me.
I don't think any spider is too big to step on -- especially if I'm in my Iron Rangers! ;)

The real trouble is when the buggers hang out over the door to the beach house where I used to work. Tried to requisition a flame thrower, but the boss wasn't going for it.

Pa12

That would suck. We do have the massassauga rattle snake here , but no more poisonous then a bee sting. Unless your alergic

Chandler

Think I’d use my shot gun on that big bastard. Only good thing about our winters. Kills those critters off before they get too big.
We are of the same thinking! I call Winter the "killing season."

I know folks who moved to Texas and set up a 6 month "subscription" to pest control to keep their home clean of critters.

No, thank you! ;)

Chandler

That would suck. We do have the massassauga rattle snake here , but no more poisonous then a bee sting. Unless your alergic
Supposed to have those around here too, but I've never seen one. I hear they like to stick around waterways like rivers.

But they're only about a foot long, right?

Pa12

Not sure how big they can get. The ones I’ve seen are 3 or 4 ft long. Except one that was coiled up and rattling his tail at me. Couldn’t calculate his length while I was running that fast. They like rocky areas.

Pa12

I’ve known people who have places in Arizona for the winter. They say if you don’t do something over the summer they get infested with scorpions and all sorts of nasty critters. Even though their winters are beautiful to us, all the nasty shit hibernates

Chandler

I’ve known people who have places in Arizona for the winter. They say if you don’t do something over the summer they get infested with scorpions and all sorts of nasty critters. Even though their winters are beautiful to us, all the nasty shit hibernates
Ugh.

ES335

That's one thing I don't miss about Oz, all the creepy-crawlies.

Our property was infested with these buggers...

1200px-Sparassidae_Palystes_castaneus_mature_female_9923s.jpg

I've got a video somewhere of one of these bastards eating a rat.

Lots of redbacks too which aren't fun, and especially when you've got small kids.

Smithy

That's just WRONG!

Yup, they're certainly not right!

I had one of the bastards fall out of a tree onto my shoulder when we were sitting out in the garden one time. I shot about 4 feet out of the chair straight up.

They're not deadly venomous but they're big so if you get bitten you'll know all about it and it'll definitely hurt and you'll have a headache, etc. Some people get nausea and throw up from getting bitten. Luckily for all their spookiness they're not aggressive.

Pa12

Yup, they're certainly not right!

I had one of the bastards fall out of a tree onto my shoulder when we were sitting out in the garden one time. I shot about 4 feet out of the chair straight up.

They're not deadly venomous but they're big so if you get bitten you'll know all about it and it'll definitely hurt and you'll have a headache, etc. Some people get nausea and throw up from getting bitten. Luckily for all their spookiness they're not aggressive.
Just the thought gives me shivers. I probably would have screamed like 9 year old girl, expelled every bodily fluid into my shorts, and have nightmares until the end of days. Geeez I hate spiders!

ES335

I'm not and never have been a gun guy. But in this particular case a 12-guage might be quite appropriate...

I'll fix the blast hole in the floor later.

YoungMedic

That's one thing I don't miss about Oz, all the creepy-crawlies.

Our property was infested with these buggers...

1200px-Sparassidae_Palystes_castaneus_mature_female_9923s.jpg

I've got a video somewhere of one of these bastards eating a rat.

Lots of redbacks too which aren't fun, and especially when you've got small kids.
What is that fellows name?