• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket Art in the Jet Age

oose

Hi all,

Just flicking through a few books, and came across this 4th FIW photo showing a painted A-2 with Sabre jets, I've not seen much painted art on A-2 in Korea, does anyone have any other shots of Korean A-2.

sabre.jpg

yours stu

bombs away

Hi,

The only A-2 jackets I know worn in Korea with painting on the back have blood chits painted.
I've never seen such as the one on your picture !
Thanks for sharing. ;)

Here is a display I've made using the only Korean A-2 I have :

2795151029_b85e91156e_b.jpg

2795998278_fe37cc97b9_b.jpg

2276918897_881c381eb2.jpg

Tim

dujardin

hello Stu,

thanks for sharing this splendid photo.

Tim, what a great display.
hope to go down to Marseille a day and discover your collection.

byeeeeeeeeee marcel

Icarus

http://www.jotaylor.uk.com/ww2_leather_flags.html
This is a picture of my A2 that I had the artist paint the Korean War blood chit flags to from the artists web site (still can't figure out how to post photos). As you can see, I still need to get the wording done but can't figure out how best to do it as I can't write Chinese or Korean nor can I find suitably abbreviated text. The Korean War blood chit that I posses has a considerable amount of wording whilst the guenuine jacket painted ones I've seen range from moderately brief to very brief. Any chance of a close up pic of the wording that I can cirb ?

bw-8

I've seen some painted nylon L-2As from Korea on here in the past. Anyone have any photos of painted nylon? :ugeek: