• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

Maafly

I ordered this past July, knowing the lead time could be long. I went into it just looking forward to an awesome jacket once I received, and not letting delivery time concern me right now.

stanier

my order on january 21! Order was confirmed. Thereafter, to this day, no response has been received to several requests. A friend had ordered the day before, he now has the information that the jacket has been sent.
Any news M? Has anyone had a Platon Dubow arrive recently?

stanier

I think if mine hasn't arrived by end November and it looks like we will have additional charges levied at the border, I'm going to have a difficult decision to make before my 6month paypal cover runs out.

ausreenactor

I'm starting to be mildly concerned that they arrive before the new year. Don't want to discover there's now 20% VAT added plus duty plus the ParcelFarce blood money charge. No political posts intended or required folks, just facing facts. Could add £150 plus overnight.

That would be very frustrating.. Discount/refund perhaps?

Smithy

I suppose the whole Brexit thing taking effect properly with cause these sorts of situations for people with things on long term order from the rest of the EU.

£150 extra isn't to be sneezed at so I can understand the quandary this puts you in Chris. And I imagine you're not the only one.

stanier

I suppose the whole Brexit thing taking effect properly with cause these sorts of situations for people with things on long term order from the rest of the EU.

£150 extra isn't to be sneezed at so I can understand the quandary this puts you in Chris. And I imagine you're not the only one.
This is one reason I find the whole complete lack of communication or any order visibility utterly frustrating and pants. I totally get covid19 probs, supply chain probs, sickness probs etc etc. Heck, in real life I run a global team for a global business so I really do know and understand. But I just don't understand this utter and total silence. That global team I run, it's an IT team and with all the understanding in the world, it just isn't that hard these days to send an email to all your customers with an open order if you want to do it. And certainly no harder than posting on Facebook or patterning a facemask. I'd rather have paid another £50 or whatever on the jacket and had a bit of customer service!

Smithy

This is one reason I find the whole complete lack of communication or any order visibility utterly frustrating and pants. I totally get covid19 probs, supply chain probs, sickness probs etc etc. Heck, in real life I run a global team for a global business so I really do know and understand. But I just don't understand this utter and total silence. That global team I run, it's an IT team and with all the understanding in the world, it just isn't that hard these days to send an email to all your customers with an open order if you want to do it. And certainly no harder than posting on Facebook or patterning a facemask. I'd rather have paid another £50 or whatever on the jacket and had a bit of customer service!

I agree 100%

What I find unfathomable is why these kinds of makers can't have a bit of self discipline and say to themselves, "Right I'm going to set aside 1 hour a week every week, park my backside at the computer and spend that hour answering emails."

B-Man2

Sadly, I think it all comes down to people and business skills. Some people have them and some don’t . I remember when Platon was here with us on VLJ . He was a decent guy until someone questioned his workmanship or tried to suggest an improvement to his product and then he could go a little sideways on you. Now that he’s established and has a great product , I guess he feels that he can communicate with buyers on his terms, or not at all if he chooses.
I really don’t get it, but it happens.

Last edited:

stanier

If I do end up cancelling through PayPal but the jacket subsequently arrives with me because, unknown to me, it was in transit when I cancelled, I am absolutely not going to feel guilty. But I bet the stony silence becomes a swell of communication in that event...