• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

London Cabbie

Sleeve...
9EA286D8-E710-4AE9-BB7C-9B3DFCF58344.jpeg
110DC926-8F89-4245-9DB3-9A3AECB1D95D.jpeg
9EA286D8-E710-4AE9-BB7C-9B3DFCF58344.jpeg
110DC926-8F89-4245-9DB3-9A3AECB1D95D.jpeg

stanier

Who else in the forum is in the queue? If maybe we build a picture of who's ordered and when they get their jacket we can build a picture of delivery. I think we're looking at 7 - 8 months currently though suspect / hope that will reduce over time.

I really don't see the difficulty in giving customers a flavour of their place in the queue and an approximate delivery date. I do accept though I'm not the one who has to manage the process or understand all the challenges. I also have absolute faith in the reliability of Platon and BK. I just wish he'd not been banned from the forum. That stuffed us and our channel of communication.

Lord Flashheart

That makes a lot of sense.

It's not ideal having to piece together fragments of information on a Forum though it is good to be able to get the views of others here with more experience. I don't think anyone is kidding themselves about a hard and fast delivery date but I'm sure some sense of progress on a website can save an awful lot of emails and frustration all round.

M. from Berlin

my order on january 21! Order was confirmed. Thereafter, to this day, no response has been received to several requests. A friend had ordered the day before, he now has the information that the jacket has been sent.

stanier

my order on january 21! Order was confirmed. Thereafter, to this day, no response has been received to several requests. A friend had ordered the day before, he now has the information that the jacket has been sent.

It'll be interesting to see the gap between your two deliveries! I think Lord Flashheart had no notification, his jacket just arrived out of the blue so maybe yours is on the way too! Apologies Lord Flashheart if I'm wrong.

Lord Flashheart

It'll be interesting to see the gap between your two deliveries! I think Lord Flashheart had no notification, his jacket just arrived out of the blue so maybe yours is on the way too! Apologies Lord Flashheart if I'm wrong.
That's correct Stanier. It took me more than a second for my head to work out what the parcel with the Greek stamps was when the nice post lady dropped it off. I must've looked a bit confused for a moment or two. So .... my experience was as follows. Ordered early December 2019. I sent an email in mid June enquiring about likely timeline. No reply. Jacket arrived mid July and an email followed a day later (if I recall correctly) to say my jacket had been shipped.

I can only state what others have said here about confidence and refer to my earlier posts in which I described my email exchange with Platon. He appeared genuinely apologetic about the customer service. I'm nonetheless very pleased with the jacket.

ausreenactor

Platon said he is too busy..

He is set up for success already.. I certainly understand, he was not 'embraced' the way Shawn has been. And I also understand why.

Smithy

Whilst I understand the whole, "I'm only a one-man-band team/there's only a couple of us" kind of thing, come one, give me a break, how long does it take to check your emails once a week and send a quick sentence - "Thank you for your email, we currently have a number of jackets ahead of yours but your jacket is looking to be around...(eg 6 weeks)...from beginning construction."

It's not like he's selling iPhones and has a 1,000 queries coming through every week. Pull your finger out, get some manners/good customer service, and man up and spend an hour or two every week answering these kinds of queries from people who've splashed out and entrusted you with their hard earned moolah.