• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

Lord Flashheart

First impressions. Fits nicely and details look right to my untrained eye. A longer wait than I expected with a remarkable lack of communication but am I pleased with the result? Yes. Here's a few more pics. I still can't quite believe it just turned up like a long lost cousin. Yes I am very pleased but boy was that some wait !

IMG_8845.jpeg
IMG_0657.jpeg

Pilot

First impressions. Fits nicely and details look right to my untrained eye. A longer wait than I expected with a remarkable lack of communication but am I pleased with the result? Yes. Here's a few more pics. I still can't quite believe it just turned up like a long lost cousin. Yes I am very pleased but boy was that some wait !

View attachment 41171View attachment 41172
Can only say; clap clap clap! very well made!
Congrats to the owner and great job from Platoon! A lot of improvements especially on the now correctly pointed Dubow collar.
Also, for the rest! ...very good and historically correct! I do bow down in admiration! Now I am also convinced that the prime makers have some tough nails to chew with this shown quality! Congrats!

Last edited:

B-Man2

Shame.... He's leaving money on the table...but he was never one that you could reason with to any degree.
But I think he's probably still pissed off he's been banned from here.
He wasn't really a bad guy.

Lord Flashheart

Since I ordered I've thought all sorts of things but, listening to others here, I've stayed optimistic and kept things in perspective. There's no doubt that covid has thrown a spanner in everyones works but that just underlined for me that life isn't a rehearsal and when it eventually turned up I'd be ever the more grateful. And I am. I shall enjoy it though I won't deny I've not had moments of doubt. It's a very nicely made jacket and I agree it's good value.