• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

London Cabbie

The measurements for the Platon Dubow A2 (someone posted them a while ago and I copied them down):

size 40
pit to pit 21.5
shoulders 17.5
back 24.25
sleeve 25.25

size 42
pit to pit 22.5
shoulders 18
back 24.5
sleeve 25.5

size 40
pit to pit 21.5
shoulders 17.5
back 24.25
sleeve 25.25

size 42
pit to pit 22.5
shoulders 18
back 24.5
sleeve 25.5

Lorenzo_l

Thanks! These are the stock measurements, is yours exactly the same?

Greg,

I just got my size 40 Platon Dubow last weekend. I ordered a size 40, despite Platon suggesting a size 38 based on my measurements. I just knew that a size 38 would be too small (I am size 40 for most jackets). The measurements of my jacket are not exactly as per Dubow Mfg's website:

Size 40:
pit to pit 21
shoulders 16.9
back 23.7
sleeve 24.6

Now, these are out-of-the-box measurements, just made upon getting the jacket. It will probably stretch some with wear, but I doubt that the shoulder-to-shoulder will stretch 0.5". Having said that, I am quite happy with the fit. It fits slightly looser than my RW 27752, wich is already a trim pattern. For comparison, the RW is 21" pit-to-pit, but 18" shoulder-to-shoulder i.e. 1" bigger than the Dubow. The larger armholes in the Dubow make up for the shorter shoulder-to-shoulder and also make it comnfortable to wear and move one's arms about.
For reference, I am 5'10", weigh 145 lb and wear size 29" trousers.

L.

Last edited:

CoopDog

Size 46
pit to pit 24.5
shoulders 19
back 25
sleeve 26

Size 48
pit to pit 25.5
shoulders 19.5
back 25.25
sleeve 26.25

I got these by searching the forum, not directly from Platon

Hobbstc

Oops sorry. Thanks! I’m resurfacing from years ago. I bought a BK 1755 back in 2013 and heavy rarely been on the forum much since then. I had sold it but now want another. The only issue I had was the shoulders were a bit narrow for me.

Last edited:

Hobbstc

What’s the size? My 44 from 2013 was

Pit to pit 23.5
Top of shoulders across back is 18
Top of sleeve to end of knit is 25.5
Bottom of collar down back to bottom of knit is 25
Front is 22

mulceber

Have you received an answer yet ?

I have a russet on order and have not been able to get a reply to emails.

Platon is famously uncommunicative once the order is placed (much like John Chapman, from what I’ve heard). You’ll get your jacket, and if the reviews are any indication, you’ll love it.

What was your question, if you don’t mind me asking? Some of the folks here might be able to help.

Greg Gale

Platon is famously uncommunicative once the order is placed (much like John Chapman, from what I’ve heard). You’ll get your jacket, and if the reviews are any indication, you’ll love it.

What was your question, if you don’t mind me asking? Some of the folks here might be able to help.

He always got back to me within a day both before and after I placed an order.

Fredie

I was checking with them for an expected ship date.
Ordered 16 Nov

So by the answers received here it looks like I will just need to wait which I'm okay with.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.