• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

Changeling

In a years time so many on here will have one that everyone will be sick of hearing about them and say Oh no they are talking about Platons Dubow again. LOL

mulceber

haha maybe... I hope by then he has released another contract/ option.

Agreed - IIRC, there's at least one Dubow contract that NOBODY offers. If Platon could get his hands on one and make a repro, that would be killer.

Edit: double-checked, and yes, it’s AC-23379, which was contracted out in late December of ‘41.

Last edited:

Changeling

London Cabbie, Your jacket may take up to 6 months to arrive due to there being only one guy making them and the long list of customers ahead of you in the queue, but you will love it when it arrives. Mine was a couple of days shy of five months in arriving, so best to not think about it too much and then one day you will get that email to say it is on the way to you.

mulceber

It's particularly bad the first time. On subsequent times, already having other A-2s helps scratch the itch, so to speak. Good thing you chose one of the repros with a lower wait time for your first time, as opposed to BK with their 6+ month wait, or Goodwear, who takes 2 years to make a jacket.

saucerfiend

Goodwear makes the Dubow 23379. The pic included, is one that JC Made for me. That new Dubow looks great!
Only trouble I have with it is the pocket spacing. They're spaced like a LW Dubow. Great jacket, though! Enjoy!

Brian

Dubow23379_01.jpg
reat jacket, though!

mulceber

Thanks for the correction - I didn't see it on John's site, so I assumed he didn't make it. I'd love to see more pictures of this jacket in a thread not devoted to Platon’s company, if you wouldn't mind posting.

Last edited:

Technonut2112

Technonut2112

It would just be dependent upon whatever original the repro maker had to work from. Curiously, I'm fairly certain that BK makes their 27798's like this also... Perhaps the deconstructed original that Platon shows pics of was obtained from them, which would make sense given his past affiliation with BK...

Pilot

If talking about details and accuracy, please also note the pointed collar tips on the original Dubow 27798 and Goodwear 27798 and compare to the others.

Last edited: