• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

Brettafett

Loving this jacket...
Dubow27798Platon42.jpg

ausreenactor

I love my BK Werber. It rarely gets wear. It is the most expensive A-2 I have purchased. US$300 for a zipper was the first spend. I have a BR A-2 that I just can't stand to be out of... It is a ripper.

Smithy

I came pretty close to ordering one of these but I'm like Brett, I'd definitely need extra length in the arms and body. He's the only guy who got a Platon with extra length which makes that jacket even more unique!

Crunching the sizing numbers, if I got what would fit the arms and body length in one of the regular sizes then the torso would be almost certainly doing a sack impression.

The best jacket though for the price if you have the body shape that suits the Dubow pattern in a regular sizing.

B-Man2

I came pretty close to ordering one of these but I'm like Brett, I'd definitely need extra length in the arms and body. He's the only guy who got a Platon with extra length which makes that jacket even more unique!

Crunching the sizing numbers, if I got what would fit the arms and body length in one of the regular sizes then the torso would be almost certainly doing a sack impression.

The best jacket though for the price if you have the body shape that suits the Dubow pattern in a regular sizing.
Tim
Interesting... if this were a War Time issued jacket what size do you think they’d throw at you as part of your kit?

Last edited:

Smithy

Tim
Interesting... if this were a War Time issued jacket what size do you think they’d throw at you as part of your kit?

A 44 or 46 probably Burt if they had all the sizes. My Bronco is 44 (and the AVI Bronco is copied off a size 44 original) and is bang on size wise for me. If the QM had chucked a Dubow at me, I'd imagine it would've been either a bit short in the sleeves if a 44 and a big baggy in the body if a 46. I'd imagine though I wouldn't have cared less back then, I would've just been so proud to be issued the mark of an airman, an A-2 flying jacket ;-)

B-Man2

A 44 or 46 probably Burt if they had all the sizes. My Bronco is 44 (and the AVI Bronco is copied off a size 44 original) and is bang on size wise for me. If the QM had chucked a Dubow at me, I'd imagine it would've been either a bit short in the sleeves if a 44 and a big baggy in the body if a 46. I'd imagine though I wouldn't have cared less back then, I would've just been so proud to be issued the mark of an airman, an A-2 flying jacket ;-)
I wonder how a Doniger would have worked out for you in that same scenario.
Hopefully Shawn will be finished with his Doniger soon. I’m looking forward to hearing the feedback on this one.

Smithy

I wonder how a Doniger would have worked out for you in that same scenario.
Hopefully Shawn will be finished with his Doniger soon. I’m looking forward to hearing the feedback on this one.

I've never tried on a Doniger but I'm hoping that it'll be OK. The The Bronco pattern actually suits my body shape very well.

I suppose that's one of the fun things with A-2s when you learn more about them, is how although they're the same jacket, the different contracts give different fits and feels.

stanier

My Dubow has been shipped, I got a tracking number. According to it it has been moved around in Greece for the last 8 days, but hasn't left the country. They're not in a rush, those Greek postmen :D

Blimey! I ordered a couple of shirts from Japan last Wednesday. They were posted on Thursday and came through my front door at 9:10am Monday morning.

So what's happening in Greece!

Changeling

I ordered my russet Dubow on the 11th April, was told in June it would likely ship in July and I have still heard nothing about the jacket since. Maybe there is a longer wait for the russet for some reason.