• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

Brettafett

Thought I'd post this here, taken off the JaDubowMfg website. These guys actually took an original apart....
27798.jpg

taikonaut

:D It sacrificed itself for the greater good!
I like to think they put it back together, replacing lining, knit and zipper bits and its now a collectors peice in Platon's showroom somewhere.

Threads going through all the original stitch holes?

Brettafett

I've been considering grabbing the russet version and got to asking Platon about the Dubow collar. He sent these pics of his original compared to his repro. Pretty damn accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_20190422_011026.jpg
    IMG_20190422_011026.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_20190422_011040.jpg
    IMG_20190422_011040.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_20190422_011139.jpg
    IMG_20190422_011139.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_20190422_011714.jpg
    IMG_20190422_011714.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 384

Dany McDonald

I am impressed how the leather color and shape is identical on your pics...

May I ask what is the current waiting time for a jacket to be made?

Thanx,

D

Brettafett

Yeah, I'm impressed all over again ;)
To be honest, I didn't even ask about time... Assume a few months. I have stopped chasing ETAs a while ago, just makes one crazy.
My Seal took about 3 months to arrive in my hand, but it was well worth it.

Juanito

To be honest, I didn't even ask about time... Assume a few months. I have stopped chasing ETAs a while ago, just makes one crazy.
My Seal took about 3 months to arrive in my hand, but it was well worth it.
...and we still have yet to hear of any handwringer who has actually gotten stiffed by Platon.

Outstanding jackets and a bargain price. My russet Platon Dubow is the "go to" jacket in the jacket armoire.

Brettafett

He won't do a Bronco or use goat. He is focusing on Dubow and has the Italian horsehide...
I already asked BK, but they said they have no plan to do a Bronco. Rob at ELC told me same thing.
So, a goatskin Bronco? Either GW (or DD) if you have over $1000 and can wait few years, or let me check out the new AVI Bronco when I receive is soon. May not be perfect, but Im holding my assumptions till I see it.

Kennyz

Does anyone know if Platon's Dubows are veg tanned or chrome tanned, and aniline or pigment? I've checked the website but can't find any info on this.

Thanks!

Ken