• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

Smithy

Maybe Steve!

The problem with this whole flight jacket hobby thing is that if you're not careful you end up chasing a dream, it's like a drug addict after the perfect high. You can end up being always after the perfect jacket, which doesn't exist.

I actually really do not need another A-2. I have two already, they fit me just fine, they're different colours and patterns, and they're both starting to develop nice wear.

But occasionally you get something new come up, like in this instance the new Platon job, and you start trying to convince yourself that you need it, when actually you dom't.

Nope, I'm going to try and stick with what I have and not buy another one until I've worn the bastards completely out.

Flightengineer

Maybe Steve!

The problem with this whole flight jacket hobby thing is that if you're not careful you end up chasing a dream, it's like a drug addict after the perfect high. You can end up being always after the perfect jacket, which doesn't exist.

I actually really do not need another A-2. I have two already, they fit me just fine, they're different colours and patterns, and they're both starting to develop nice wear.

But occasionally you get something new come up, like in this instance the new Platon job, and you start trying to convince yourself that you need it, when actually you dom't.

Nope, I'm going to try and stick with what I have and not buy another one until I've worn the bastards completely out.
Gold words. I have a similar situation with two mine A2s and the same thoughts. Exactly the same.

Skip

Tim, Dubow as Brett mentioned earliar is more boxy than the Bronco, so it tends to be a little baggy around the waist. The shoulder cut isn’t as broad but that is sort of made up for by the roomier upper sleeves that allow your arms more freedom of movement. It won’t look as broad shouldered but should be more practical, while at the same time they look pretty sharp ( if you can remember what mine looks know look like)

I got my Bk tailored to suit my measurements and can say that it’s a very comfortable jacket for my measurements, I’m not sure if Platon allows a lot of tailoring

Skip

Maybe Steve!

Ain’t that the truth!!

Brettafett

Eloquently said Skip... Tim, I would err on the larger side. If your other jackets are a 44, go 46. But there is no harm shelving this for a while. Gives us time to post more pics and convince you. There will be plates and animals thrown at you by your wife yet hahaha

ausreenactor

I love my BK Werber. It rarely gets wear. It is the most expensive A-2 I have purchased. US$300 for a zipper was the first spend. I have a BR A-2 that I just can't stand to be out of... It is a ripper.