• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ja Dubow 27798 (Platon) A-2 jacket review and pics

Pa12

Another problem I have with eBay is that I always end up needing a 46. Should have learned my lesson before I bought the Platon 44 but took a chance. It was pretty close though. I never see much in 46 on eBay. For anyone in the 38 to 42 range there’s a lot of jackets available. Especially from Japan.

Pa12

Maybe. I ordered the jacket in December on the website and have emailed them 3 times. All I’ve ever got was auto reply emails. I’m going on faith and the things I’ve read on this forum, that a jacket will show up some day.

B-Man2

Maybe. I ordered the jacket in December on the website and have emailed them 3 times. All I’ve ever got was auto reply emails. I’m going on faith and the things I’ve read on this forum, that a jacket will show up some day.
Here’s something you guys might not have thought about . If you buy a Platon A2 off of eBay you will have to pay sales tax if you live in the US . If you buy it off of Platon’s website … you don’t .

Pa12

True, but in Canada we end up paying 13 percent tax on the import plus duty. Not to mention the fact that our Canuck bucks are only worth 70 something cents on a US dollar.

Pa12

The general state of things is what’s driving all these protests more then a vaccine mandate. People are just fed up with everything.

ausreenactor

Here’s something you guys might not have thought about . If you buy a Platon A2 off of eBay you will have to pay sales tax if you live in the US . If you buy it off of Platon’s website … you don’t .
EBay gets you regardless of your home location. All relevant taxes get collected. When they pass them on? Who knows.....

I pay import duties to EBay when Australia doesn't charge import duties....

Pa12

Not sure how old the one I had was. It was new with tags but from eBay . I love their jackets. But maybe it’s the dubow I love. I can’t fault my Eastman but i didn’t research the makers enough. I got their roughwear. Beautiful jacket but I’ve never liked the big collar. An Eastman dubow would probably be beautiful but too pricy for me now. Platon it is.

Flightengineer

also like more the lived-in skin of the second. I wonder if the skin of the former will take on the same appearance over time

Hard to say. As I said, this is a different hide both in character and in weight.
But the first jacket also ages great, you can find more pics in this thread.

Earloffunk

The jacket on top (more smooth and heavy) was ordered 2 years ago, the jacket on the bottom - as far as I understand, was made last summer.
Both jackets in new condition were purchased by me from members of VLJ forum, not directly from Platon.
I do not know when it was made - I bought it on Ebay last summer.