• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its raining again !!!

Carl

So for once its raining again in the good ol'north east of England .
Is it a bad / good idea to wear out , my ELC A2 to try and break it in a little ?
I get precious little time to wear anything other than work attire these days .
Advice ??

C

Steve27752

So for once its raining again in the good ol'north east of England .
Is it a bad / good idea to wear out , my ELC A2 to try and break it in a little ?
I get precious little time to wear anything other than work attire these days .
Advice ??

C
Get it wet and wear till dry or hang on a padded hanger.

Carl

Maybe im being just a little over protective with it ? I think it's just the thought of getting somthing wet that you have paid hundreds to wear ! :D

Cocker

Don’t overthink it! Go out, get it wet, use it like you’d do with any other jacket. That’s what they’re meant to be used for, and that’s how you’ll have it look best.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

B-Man2

Carl
Here’s my take on this.
If you are owning this jacket with the idea that one day you may sell it, then baby it and keep it as new as possible whenever you wear it.
However, if you are keeping this jacket for life and hope that one day it will look like some of the well used A2’s we’ve seen on the “ hard wear “ thread,
then wear that thing , beat the piss out of it, take it off and throw it in a corner at night .
This is one area where “mint” only counts if your selling it, not if your keeping it.
Once you think about which way you want to go with your ELC.... the acceptance part is much easier.
Cheers

Micawber

Go on! Get it rain soaked, shovel horse shyte in it, fork out pee soaked straw in it, get pulled over in slippy mud that's more slippery than a slippy thing, mow the lawn in it [like I just did -in the dark - in December], wash the truck in it, dig ditches in it. You are more than welcome to come and do that stuff here! Work clothes are for working, not posing ;)

Carl

Carl
Here’s my take on this.
If you are owning this jacket with the idea that one day you may sell it, then baby it and keep it as new as possible whenever you wear it.
However, if you are keeping this jacket for life and hope that one day it will look like some of the well used A2’s we’ve seen on the “ hard wear “ thread,
then wear that thing , beat the piss out of it, take it off and throw it in a corner at night .
This is one area where “mint” only counts if your selling it, not if your keeping it.
Once you think about which way you want to go with your ELC.... the acceptance part is much easier.
Cheers
I wouldnt dare sell it on pain of death from my good lady, as it was a present from her !!

Carl

Go on! Get it rain soaked, shovel horse shyte in it, fork out pee soaked straw in it, get pulled over in slippy mud that's more slippery than a slippy thing, mow the lawn in it [like I just did -in the dark - in December], wash the truck in it, dig ditches in it. You are more than welcome to come and do that stuff here! Work clothes are for working, not posing ;)

Plenty of that up here !!

Edward

I always look forward to wearing mine in what might be considered 8th Air Force WWII Theater of operations weather... I don't get it often or for long so when I do I put it on and head out even to just walk around the block! :D

B-Man2

I wouldnt dare sell it on pain of death from my good lady, as it was a present from her !!
Problem solved!!
Wear it and beat the piss out of it and enjoy every minute of wearing it in the rain . If it rains a lot up there, give the jacket a light coat of Picards to help keep the jacket water resistant
After she sees you wearing the jacket everyday she’ll love that you care so much for her present..

Officer Dibley

Carl
Here’s my take on this.
Cheers

Wise words indeed.

Officer Dibley

Just remember it's £300+ for a re-lining !

Brettafett

As above... And then some fit pics!
Rain just hit London... albeit briefly.... Clearing up a bit now.

Stony

So for once its raining again.................

We say that more than I'd like here in Washington State. o_O However, that's why everything (at least in western Washington) stays green all year long.