• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its blue has zips, buttons, snaps, knits and fur and I like it a lot... Monarch N-2A

Dany McDonald

Hi Guys,

I scored a very desirable (to me as least) Monarch N-2A. Saw it before bed with already 3 offers declined. Wake up the next day, checked the emails and there it was, an offer made by the seller in my inbox. Made a counter offer (yeah cocky move) and it was accepted...!? I was looking for an earlier N-2 in Olive (Rainer-Sigmund-Reed) but this Monarch with its coyote fur (rarer) instead of the other synthetic trim fur was just too tempting. Its in very good shape considering its a 1951 production batch. Zippers are flawless, the nylon is super nice, deep shiny blue and the knits are almost pristine. Beside missing a button and the little stain at the back, its very close to a NOS state, the cutter/machinist tab is still there... And its right on time for winter!

Was unsure about the cut and feel but I am very pleased with how it wears. Like between a B-15 and N-3...;)

Monarch MFG Co
Contract AF33(038) 21840
Specification MIL-J-6278
Fiscal Year 1951

N-2A_Monarch_Web_K_IMG_3271.jpg

N-2A_Monarch_Web_K_IMG_3275.jpg

N-2A_Monarch_Web_K_IMG_3279.jpg

N-2A_Monarch_Web_K_IMG_3280.jpg

N-2A_Monarch_Web_K_IMG_Miscjpg.jpg

N-2A_Monarch_Web_K_IMG_3286.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Dany

ausreenactor

Hi Guys,

I scored a very desirable (to me as least) Monarch N-2A. Saw it before bed with already 3 offers declined. Wake up the next day, checked the emails and there it was, an offer made by the seller in my inbox. Made a counter offer (yeah cocky move) and it was accepted...!? I was looking for an earlier N-2 in Olive (Rainer-Sigmund-Reed) but this Monarch with its coyote fur (rarer) instead of the other synthetic trim fur was just too tempting. Its in very good shape considering its a 1951 production batch. Zippers are flawless, the nylon is super nice, deep shiny blue and the knits are almost pristine. Beside missing a button and the little stain at the back, its very close to a NOS state, the cutter/machinist tab is still there... And its right on time for winter!

Was unsure about the cut and feel but I am very pleased with how it wears. Like between a B-15 and N-3...;)

Monarch MFG Co
Contract AF33(038) 21840
Specification MIL-J-6278
Fiscal Year 1951

View attachment 87183

View attachment 87185

View attachment 87187

View attachment 87189

View attachment 87191

View attachment 87193

Thanks for looking,

Dany