• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Italian A2!

johnwayne

Anyone seen the ‘Don Gentile’ A2 being offered by a company called ShangriLa Heritage from Italy? Just popped up on FB and a nice looking jacket but a poor impression of an A2! Studded epaulets, open studded pocket flaps and an inner pocket and wrong knits! €890.00 too!! Would have posted a link but don't bother looking, would have been easier to get it right than so badly wrong!!!

Silver Surfer

must have heard of the mighty eighth being made, and want a piece of the action......in iti style. plenty more will be coming outta the woodwork, in due time. and they will make a-2s BETTER than originals. can't wait

FlakMagnet

It looks like it might be a pretty decent "A2 inspired" tribute jacket, rather than an accurate repro. I wouldn't pay that kind of $$ for it though! https://shangrilaheritage.it/product/don-gentile-a-2-hand-painted-testa-di-moro-flight-jacket/

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.45.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.45.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.46.00 AM.png

mulceber

Agreed with the above - it's a neat-looking jacket, and as a tribute to the A-2 it's pretty cool. Looks like they use some nice leather for it (unsurprising, given that it's Italy), but not really worth it for my money.

Brettafett

Not one of the worlds best ideas imo.
Looks to be the same hide as what Platon's using, might be wrong.
I hate it, but of course its not being marketed to me.

B-Man2

Seeing this jacket the first thing that comes to mind is, that the people who would buy this jacket are not really guys like us, who like to research and study military jackets and the people who wore them. I have to keep reminding myself that about 99% of the population wouldn’t know the difference between this jacket and an ELC or GW jacket. So the next time I complain about the color of the knits or the hide being a shade off or the zipper puller being the wrong shape or style ….. Someone please head slap me back into reality :oops: