• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It’s time to play stump the VLJ Forum!

Lorenzo_l

I'd second Burt's guess - Aero 16160. Collar stand (or is it?), ring snaps, square pocket corners AND the Talon M-39 "Hershey bar" zipp puller.

B-Man2

I'd second Burt's guess - Aero 16160. Collar stand (or is it?), ring snaps, square pocket corners AND the Talon M-39 "Hershey bar" zipp puller.
Lorenzo
That’s actually the thing that’s throwing me off . The Aero 16160 is supposed to have a collar stand according to the ELC book . This jacket looks like it may not have one but it’s only got about 1 inch of that area of the collar showing . Difficult to tell either way .

mulceber

Yeah, the only thing that bugs me is that zip puller should be nickle instead of brass. But the only brass M-39 Eastman lists is Fried Ostermann, and this jacket definitely isn't that, so it ain't that. No big deal - Eastman's frequently wrong when it comes to zippers.

B-Man2

Yeah, the only thing that bugs me is that zip puller should be nickle instead of brass. But the only brass M-39 Eastman lists is Fried Ostermann, and this jacket definitely isn't that, so it ain't that. No big deal - Eastman's frequently wrong when it comes to zippers.
I thought the same thing but then I thought that maybe the nickel coating simply wore off with time on this jacket.

Lorenzo_l

Lorenzo
That’s actually the thing that’s throwing me off . The Aero 16160 is supposed to have a collar stand according to the ELC book . This jacket looks like it may not have one but it’s only got about 1 inch of that area of the collar showing . Difficult to tell either way .

I am with you there, Burt. The 16160 is supposed to have a collar stand, yet I am not sure from the pictures that the jacket in question has one.

Brettafett

No collar stand...
Zipper s are often a question.... Sometimes an easy give-away, other times one wonders, could it have been replaced?

Anyway, I stand by my call.

An oldie-but-a-goodie... Have look and compare with this Poughgkeepsie here...

B-Man2

Well ... this is probably going to take someone with a lot more talent than I have to nail this one down . Maybe JC or Mark from Norshore or DD if he’s out there will way in and put this one to bed.

B-Man2

When Andrew Swatland was here ( I know this is going to sour a few faces) he had the ability to call out any of these mystery jackets without the help of an ELC book or any reference materials . Regardless of how you may feel about the guy..... the man had skills! ..... Just sayin. :oops:

ButteMT61

Fun time !!
I think I know what maker this is or at least I have about 3 possible ideas, so let’s see what you guys think....:)
In all honesty, if you ask me what day it is lately I'll probably be stumped. I literally woke up today thinking it was Tuesday. Lock me up o_O

mulceber

Been a while since we played this game, but this label-less jacket just popped up on Facebook. Anyone want to take a crack at identifying it?
AC1DA79C-5040-4297-8846-1988862BF825.jpeg

4DC7876A-89BD-44E3-B65D-70B2C9D80CE6.jpeg

A852707F-800A-43FF-9306-98FE1FD24139.jpeg