• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this one a 'fake'?

tamoko

Hmmm???? :roll:
Looks like very rare original but some details very strange.
Never saw Monarch B-15C or other B-15x series with epaulets. Strange stitching.
Overall looks like well worn jacket but some parts looks new (oxygen tab).
I have some absolute new nylon from this period but is typical for all jacket in this age some oxidation spots on nylon around metal parts. I don't see this on eBay jacket.
Other detail strange label.
On original
STOCK NO......37-J 228-50
from eBay
STOCK NO......37-J 228
Perhaps one experimental test sample. Japanese/Korean collector will pay hell money for this jacket.
But from all other details i think this is original and very interesting one.
Perhaps customized but hard to see from photos only.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
tamoko said:
On original
from eBay
STOCK NO......37-J 228

On original size 38 label, Full Gear, page 74.
STOCK NO......37-J 226

tamoko

deeb7 said:
tamoko said:
On original
from eBay
STOCK NO......37-J 228

On original size 38 label, Full Gear, page 74.
STOCK NO......37-J 226
I check all B-15x on "SUIT UP!" and other originals which i fond online. Last number present on all B-15C.
SUIT UP page 292 Monarch B-15C label "37-J 228-50" no one B-15x with epp.
"STOCK NO.." start with B-15C and complete with last number. On my B-15C last number "-361"

tamoko

Fond other strange detail.
On all B-15C Monarch, mouton Green like on B-15D not like on eBay. B-15x series have dyed mouton collar.

tamoko

Enjoy ;)
I don't know but looks very familiar. With out last number on label. but J 224 not J 228
7.jpg

http://www.junk-vintage.com/shop/jacket/log1/j358/j358.html

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
tamoko said:
SUIT UP page 292 Monarch B-15C label "37-J 228-50"

Yes, I saw that, size 42 ... the Full Gear label is otherwise identical, and the mouton is brown, not like a B-15D.

tamoko

deeb7 said:
tamoko said:
SUIT UP page 292 Monarch B-15C label "37-J 228-50"

Yes, I saw that, size 42 ... the Full Gear label is otherwise identical, and the mouton is brown, not like a B-15D.

Looks like Full Gear label identical to RMJ label. So much i know Aota Mituhiro good friend of Buzz and McKoy.
Full Gear jacket with epp ? I don't find other original with identical label and brown mouton.
Some parts of Jackets looks to new for old one.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
tamoko said:
Full Gear jacket with epp ? I don't find other original with identical label and brown mouton.

No epaulets, mouton is faded around edges, knits are much lighter than McCoys, and shrunk, like from cleaning.

Main zip, sprung Crown .... sleeve with nickel Talon.

tamoko

headscratcher. This is a very rare contract and not many source for identification. Any way eBay jacket strange one.
I put my point, i don't know more.

Willy McCoy

I remember on the old forum Brooks said that he has run across eppaulets "riggered" on nylon jackets. If you look at the collar buttons compared to the epaulet button you will see they are a different color as well as different colored thread. If it was issued with eppaulets the contract would call for snap fasteners as seen on the earlier series L-2Bs. Nice jacket.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Willy McCoy said:
I remember on the old forum Brooks said that he has run across eppaulets "riggered" on nylon jackets.

Yes, the epaulets look like a later addition, but the rest of the jacket looks right.

And at least somebody else thought so, it just sold for $632.00.