• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this an authentic Luffwaffe jacket?

Roughwear

This guy has been listing quite a few so called Luffwaffe jackets recently. There is never any documentary evidence to establish provenance.

asiamiles

John Lever said:
There is something about the leather that looks too new to me.
Exactly what I thought. Of course, the lighting in the photos could be giving a false impression.

spitfire

appropriate zipper.the swallows and the amazons.if he thinks anyone would swallow that load of tripe,he needs locking up.
Funnily enough,i came across a webshop the other day,where they were selling original army/luftwaffe clothing.every single thing was priced at about £3,000.00 to £7.000.00.it was an american site.i just moved on from the site,like someone had put a firework up my pants.It's a damn shame when apparent original items are bought up by money grabbing business minded creeps.their astronomical prices mean people like me cannot buy them.perhaps they want to sell to a specific elite clientel,like Max Mosely and his Girls :p :eek: :) :D

Roughwear

spitfire said:
I managed to find the link to the crazy prices site.i'll post it,see what you think.

http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/g ... iforms.htm

The prices they are demanding are way over board in my mind.

Yes most of the prices are crazy. There are a few A2s, but two are small and they seem overpriced. There is a post War G1 described as from WW11, so it makes you wonder what else is incorrectly described. The German stuff is mainly cloth and just OTT prices. :eek:

John Lever

I sent this to a collector that I know in Germany. He is very knowledgeable, this is his response-

To your question, many jacket from this seller are pure fiftys german motorcycle jacket, this jacket is a difinitiv DDR period rainweather plastic leather jacket date of mfg is middle 60is. It is not a real leather, Jackets how this you find in all fleemarket for 20 up 40 euro. I speak any jelousy, this is only my experiace.

Viele Grüsse
Sebastian

Roughwear

Good work John. It just seemed to good to be true that this seller had a large stock of Luftwaffe jackets. He buys up post war jackets cheap, adds a bit of Luftwaffe insignia and a few contemporary photos and makes a killing! :evil:

havocpaul

It does seem to be a new 'fad' to mock-up jackets and make them into Luftwaffe jackets; it is an easy trick as the Luftwaffe bought privately in France and the Low Countries so how do you prove otherwise and with the good copies of insignia available a bog-standard bike jacket becomes a Luftwaffe fighter ace's! Now where are all those Luftwaffe A-2's and B-3's?

Roughwear

havocpaul said:
It does seem to be a new 'fad' to mock-up jackets and make them into Luftwaffe jackets; it is an easy trick as the Luftwaffe bought privately in France and the Low Countries so how do you prove otherwise and with the good copies of insignia available a bog-standard bike jacket becomes a Luftwaffe fighter ace's! Now where are all those Luftwaffe A-2's and B-3's?

Good point about the "captured" A2s, B3s and of course Irvins. Does anyone have one?