• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Aero A-2?

robrinay

He’s been reducing the start price and relisting after each no sale. It looks like the original buyer (from Aero Leather), opted for a mouton collar to be added onto an Aero Leather A2- a special order?

Ken at Aero Leather

It is made by Aero, circa 1997-2000 ?
It's a repro of one of the CBI Field Modified A-2s done in China, there are at least two pics of these in an old CBI book in the factory. Fur collar fitted locally, probably over the original collar, ours were done with the fur collar instead of the leather top collar, otherwise a standard A-2 although that looks like a custom Rayon lining

silvio76

It is made by Aero, circa 1997-2000 ?
It's a repro of one of the CBI Field Modified A-2s done in China, there are at least two pics of these in an old CBI book in the factory. Fur collar fitted locally, probably over the original collar, ours were done with the fur collar instead of the leather top collar, otherwise a standard A-2 although that looks like a custom Rayon lining
Thanks for your help. If i understand you correctly, this is not original collar from Aero and this one is added later?

Southoftheborder

No they're made like that. He means it's a copy of a so called field modified jacket - the original having the mouton fitted on top of the existing collar.

Southoftheborder

I asked the seller what the measurements are and he replied in a couple of words that it's a standard size 46... But in a used made to order Aero jacket that's about as much use as a chocolate dildo. I'm not surprised it's been through eBay several times and not sold.

silvio76

I asked the seller what the measurements are and he replied in a couple of words that it's a standard size 46... But in a used made to order Aero jacket that's about as much use as a chocolate dildo. I'm not surprised it's been through eBay several times and not sold.
Probably there is a good reason why this jacket is not sold. I can not understand sellers who does not want to send you measures of the jacket.

Southoftheborder

Probably there is a good reason why this jacket is not sold. I can not understand sellers who does not want to send you measures of the jacket.

I suspect he just can't be arsed to measure it. Lot's of people on eBay like that. I don't know why they bother listing stuff.

B-Man2

Did anyone suggest to him that he might actually sell the jacket, if he included measurements ?
Some people just can’t seem to connect the dots .

robrinay

No they're made like that. He means it's a copy of a so called field modified jacket - the original having the mouton fitted on top of the existing collar.
I think Ken was saying that the mouton was a later addition rather thanAero factory fitted but I’m sure he’ll correct one of us?

silvio76

Did anyone suggest to him that he might actually sell the jacket, if he included measurements ?
Some people just can’t seem to connect the dots .
I didn't. Agree with you that some people can't seem to connect the dots.

Ken at Aero Leather

Sorry I wasn't clear, that's how we made them to replicate the originals which were A-2s modified in China during WW2, I imagine because of the cold. We didn't modify already made leather collared A-2s we made ours with a fur collar.
The jacket in this thread is one of what we called "CBI Field Modified Type A-2"
We took these out of production in 2010, I suppose we sold 40 or 50 in all, most of these had internal Blood Chits fitted.

silvio76

Sorry I wasn't clear, that's how we made them to replicate the originals which were A-2s modified in China during WW2, I imagine because of the cold. We didn't modify already made leather collared A-2s we made ours with a fur collar.
The jacket in this thread is one of what we called "CBI Field Modified Type A-2"
We took these out of production in 2010, I suppose we sold 40 or 50 in all, most of these had internal Blood Chits fitted.
Thanks for your explanation.

B-Man2

No sales outside the UK. Not judging just saying. Is it just my screen or does that thing have some really long arms?

Last edited: