• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the Bronson Website down?

Flightengineer

Thanks , that will be helpful. I can compare measurements to some of my jackets.

Here measurements in cm (B-15A size 40)

7d5045639e85.jpg

29a724c89bf5.jpg

be4018d27850.jpg

463c39dcbfab.jpg

stanier

There's been 3 Bronson items I've had my eye on for sometime and today I finally pulled the trigger, I think prompted by this thread, and ordered from the website, so let see what happens.

Flightengineer

There's been 3 Bronson items I've had my eye on for sometime and today I finally pulled the trigger, I think prompted by this thread, and ordered from the website, so let see what happens.

This is also the first time I have bought from they site directly on and not via eBay. Keeping in mind that international logistics is very complicated now - the result is mixed. Will see.

Thanks very much for the sizing info FlightEngineer. Going by those measurements they are exactly the same as the ELC B-15 in a size 40 , so size 40 it is for me:).

I'm glad I could help :)

adfrost

My only complaint about the two Bronson deck jackets I have is that the arm holes are rather small/high, which can lead to some discomfort in that area at times (usually sitting position). Other than that, good build quality, good hardware, and great price.

dinomartino1

My only complaint about the two Bronson deck jackets I have is that the arm holes are rather small/high, which can lead to some discomfort in that area at times (usually sitting position). Other than that, good build quality, good hardware, and great price.
I have had both the bronson and dong, N-1 the dongs are slightly better quality, the lining is %95 wool and sheds way less fibres. the sizing is different on both I take a bronson 40 N-1 but got a dong 42 which does not have the high armpits but is looser fitting all around probably across the chest because it is the hook and lop version
Both are great value well made jackets for the price.
Bronson has a new slightly more expensive n1 they call the submarine which is %100 wool lining.

Last edited:

Flightengineer

I paid for my order 18 days ago. I received tracking, according to which Bronson still has not given the parcel to the carrier. My communication with the Bronson team now looks pretty monotonous. I contacted them several times and get about the same answer every time: "we have submitted the question to the freight company this morning and they are looking up the situation now" (С).
Now I’m not so sure anymore that I'll receive my order at the end.

zoomer

Bronson's Facebook liaison has assured me they will be tooling up for larger sizes soon. I assume that promise is worth the paper it's instant-messaged on.

Edward

I was looking to buy Buzz Rickson Original-Spec. Khaki Chino through HistoryPreservation but went to the Bronson mfg. site (bronsonshop.com) yesterday and I went ahead and ordered 2 from there for $70.00 each. Their 'US Army 1942 Model Khaki Chinos Uniforms Casual Trousers' look identical to the Buzz Ricksons and probably made by the same manufacturer but we shall see if pics and actual item compare :p
I added two 260g US Cotton Ringspun Tube T-Shirt (Milk White and khaki) to the order as well. The tube style tees are really pricey so I'll see if these Chinese knockoffs are of quality or how historically accurate they are compared to the Eastman Japanese made loop-wheel loom tube shirts... but at $25 each I probably won't complain. I'll update once I receive the items. (free shipping was nice but it may take about 3 to 4 weeks... I'll have to be patient :D )

B-Man2

I was looking to buy Buzz Rickson Original-Spec. Khaki Chino through HistoryPreservation but went to the Bronson mfg. site (bronsonshop.com) yesterday and I went ahead and ordered 2 from there for $70.00 each. Their 'US Army 1942 Model Khaki Chinos Uniforms Casual Trousers' look identical to the Buzz Ricksons and probably made by the same manufacturer but we shall see if pics and actual item compare :p
I added two 260g US Cotton Ringspun Tube T-Shirt (Milk White and khaki) to the order as well. The tube style tees are really pricey so I'll see if these Chinese knockoffs are of quality or how historically accurate they are compared to the Eastman Japanese made loop-wheel loom tube shirts... but at $25 each I probably won't complain. I'll update once I receive the items. (free shipping was nice but it may take about 3 to 4 weeks... I'll have to be patient :D )
I just received a 15% off email notification from Bronson listing several items on sale . So I guess alls well with them.

stanier

I got the discount offer but my orginal order above has been loaded to the UK since 31st May, but worryingly doesn't seem to have departed yet. Just wish it would get on the way!

stanier

Well almost bizarrely, but very happily my order arrived an hour or so ago! And very pleased I am too. I ordered a C-2 sweater, a non-stock T-shirt and a blue denim A-3 cap.

I was a little worried about all 3 items for different reasons but I needn't have been. All fit perfectly and the quality is fine. Maybe not Buzz Rickson or Real McCoys quality but not a million miles away and for the money an absolute bargain. I find myself loving the C-2 far more than I thought I would (I wish they did a blue civilian type!), the t-shirt is just what I wanted and the blue A-3 cap, although not authentic, I just liked it in the pics on the website and it hasn't disappointed in reality.

If you haven't received your order yet hang on, and I;m sure it will be worth it.

Flightengineer

Well almost bizarrely, but very happily my order arrived an hour or so ago! And very pleased I am too. I ordered a C-2 sweater, a non-stock T-shirt and a blue denim A-3 cap.

I was a little worried about all 3 items for different reasons but I needn't have been. All fit perfectly and the quality is fine. Maybe not Buzz Rickson or Real McCoys quality but not a million miles away and for the money an absolute bargain. I find myself loving the C-2 far more than I thought I would (I wish they did a blue civilian type!), the t-shirt is just what I wanted and the blue A-3 cap, although not authentic, I just liked it in the pics on the website and it hasn't disappointed in reality.

If you haven't received your order yet hang on, and I;m sure it will be worth it.

Congratulations! Three weeks after payment I still don’t know where my order is and WTF Bronson has not yet sent it.

B-Man2

Photos ? :) (maybe)