• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it possible to make knits more elastic (again)?

mulceber

Not crashing any party - if anything, it’s good to know what to look out for, and that I’ll be able to recognize bad knits, should they be what comes in the mail.

mulceber

61CD5456-AB8B-417F-8940-D102E4AADED9.jpeg

I think I got the good ones. Gonna send out the jacket to Steve Sellers tomorrow.

Serghei87

On Mash website i did not see mid brown that is why i went for seal brown instead of russet. Russet looked too light by the photos on Mash website. I like how it looks with these Mash knits too..just wanted to hear ur thoughts too :)

Serghei87

Just for curiosity...i asked a Radioactive Contamination Measurement Report from Mash during the buying..they have this option. I find it nice and asked to receive one. Below photo for you all
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
On Mash website i did not see mid brown that is why i went for seal brown instead of russet. Russet looked too light by the photos on Mash website. I like how it looks with these Mash knits too..just wanted to hear ur thoughts too :)
Yep, russet brown knits from MASH look closer to cocoa-with-milk color (kind of any very milk chocolate color). That's why we discuss Larry's knits along with ones from MASH - 'cause Larry has that correct mid-brown color as an option.
It's a hard question though - I like the texture/weave of MASH knits but the color of Larry's ones)
Anyway, I think you did well, with that exact dark-brown/seal Eastman A-2 seal colored MASH knits look very nice.

Last edited:

Pilot

Which colour looks better on? The original from the jacket or the Mash i just got?

The Mash one it is too dark than i was expecting. View attachment 31865
They look great by all means and will perfectly fit to your seal A-2.
Please note that even during WW2 there were knits color variations during different batches processing.
These MASH knits are the closest to original in texture and make and dont look like sweater or pullover cut offs.

Serghei87

Thanks guys for the feedback..i feel even better now with my choice :) this sunday i will go to a person here in Luxembourg and check if she can change them and stitch the patch as well at the same time

Micawber

Although there can be slight colour and weave tightness variations between batches Larry's mid brown's are pretty much spot on in colour match for some ELC jackets.

Unless replacement cuffs are a perfect match for the existing waistband my preference is to change both cuffs and waistbands at the same time.

Flightengineer

Just for curiosity...i asked a Radioactive Contamination Measurement Report from Mash during the buying..they have this option. I find it nice and asked to receive one. Below photo for you all
View attachment 31867View attachment 31868

Oh yes, they started offering such papers just after the tragedy at the nuclear power plant. Once upon a time, I also requested one and received it, along with comment from Naoya that the Fukushima accident greatly undermined their international business firstly after it happened. So there is little fun here, it was a necessary from MASH side to reassure customers.

Last edited:

Pilot

MASH did this as a matter of transparency, and thx for that.
There are several other countries which are exporting a lot and are also exposed to radiation ( not only natural ) prior and after the Fukushima accident.. and none of those are providing this kind certifications...Customs are only doing spot checks ( for radiation and toxics... due to lack of resources ). EU will make those tests and certificates mandatory very soon for goods from defined countries.