Is AVI still making A2 and G1 jackets?

Discussion in 'Reproduction manufacturers' started by B-Man2, Feb 28, 2019.

1. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard anything from AVI lately?
    Are they still making flight jackets?

2. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

I'd imagine so Burt. Why did you think they weren't?

3. Brettafett

Brettafett Well-Known Member

I have a feeling they have a'new' supplier and are going to come back with something special. Last I heard the Perry was coming along nicely and they had acquired an original B-3 and M422a to reproduce (not sure the makers)...

B-Man2 and Smithy like this.
  4. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Tim
    I’ve been on their website a number of times waiting for their new releases, but no information on any future jackets. I also registered for their news letter, but haven’t received anything, and they are out of stock on all of their sizes in each style jacket that they were selling. That was why I was wondering if anyone had heard anything . They were so successful with their initial releases that I thought they would be putting something up on the web regarding future developments.

5. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

If they're shifting manufacturers like Brett says then he might be biding his time until everything is ready before ramping things up.

I still love my Bronco and was wearing it just before, damn nice jacket.

Brettafett likes this.
  6. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Agreed
    I wear mine as much as possible, considering where I live. I throw it in the back of my SUV whenever I travel and occasionally I sleep in it. Now that’s sick:confused:

Brettafett likes this.
  7. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Not round here it's not!

I think I've slept in every single leather jacket I've had, whether it's been inadvertently after a big night on the turps or I've been travelling on a train of something. My wife has used the Irvin countless times as a blanket too. Actually having a kip in a jacket is one of the best ways of breaking them in I reckon.

Brettafett and B-Man2 like this.
  8. Brettafett

Brettafett Well-Known Member

:D
    This winter, my AVI G-1 got a lot of wear. I actually wore my A-2s quite often also. Switching between my AVI Bronco and the Dubow.

Smithy and B-Man2 like this.
  9. Simpli666

Simpli666 New Member

Hi,
    it seems like a HH Perry is coming soon.

Brettafett likes this.