• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irving for identification...

Charlie

Any thougt about this baby ?

Post war Irving ???

No tag, no label unfortunatly !
Small bronze spot on the sleeves. (what for ?)
1f03_12.jpg

Photocarterinter007.jpg

Photo_carter_inter_008.jpg

Thanks !

Hawkeye

Looks like a genuine early-war jacket to me. I think the snap was for clipping heated gloves onto the jacket, or something similar.

Roughwear

This jacket appears to be Irvin Air Chute's 1939 contract. It was originally electrically wired, but the leather wiring chanels have been removed, which was often the case when such a jacket was worn post war. As Hawkeye says the metal studs were to attach the heated gloves to the jacket. I have a near mint one in my collection, complete with the wiring, minus the plugs!

Grant

Nice Irvin! Looks very similar to a couple of my 30's Irvin jackets (sans the electrical) with the light brown taping and ginger color shearling. No clear way to positively identify the maker but it looks to be in very sound condition. If it's your jacket you'll be amazed how a little treatment of Pecards will restore the finish. Also, please get that jacket off the hanger as it puts strain on the shoulder seams. Thanks for sharing the photos.

A

Anonymous

Hi nice Irving and great condition ,is that a Seeburg jukebox to the right of the jacket peeking through ?

All the best Jeff

duwan34

Hello !!! In fact this jacket Irvin is my first jacket of collection. Charlie put the photos (photos of the salesman) on the site for me for I speak poorly the English :oops: . I did not again receive the jacket but I will do the photos as early as the reception. I await it with impatience ;)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
duwan34 said:
I did not again receive the jacket but I will do the photos as early as the reception. I await it with impatience ;)

As do we, Duwan ....

A great start to your collection. :)

Charlie

Hello Duwan,

It's seems that the "French connection" have invaded the VLJ forum now !

To be honest, I meet Duwan by the way of an another collection link : mecanical vintage watches, it's me who have corrupted his candid mind by giving him 6 or 7 of my vintage jackets that were a bit large for me (I'm more a 38/40 and he's a real 42)! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

His first buy is a masterpiece, the student overclassed the master :oops:

PS I'm sooooooooooooooo jealous !!!

Maybe the jacket will fit a 40 (and too tiny for the Duwan's 42 :twisted: )????

duwan34

Sorry Charlie, I received the Irvin today, and the size 42 is perfect for me ;)

The pictures (It's really the same jacket, the pictures of seller are too clear) :

003.jpg

IMG_0016-2.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0023web.jpg

IMG_0025web.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0029-1.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

I'm waiting for Pecard now :p

Roughwear

Yes it's a perfect fit. Thanks for the new pics, which confirm its the work of IAC. I like the tan seam tapes and collar back as they contrast nicely with the chestnut coloured reversed sheepskin side. Two light coats of Pecard applied about a week after each other will give the leather a new lease of life. Enjoy it!

Andrew

Pierre Closterman would be proud- it's all been said and you are lucky to find a good one first up. Great photos too, they perfectly describe the details. You can be the photographer when we write the book.
Congratulations

Andrew

Charlie said:
Hello

My friend Duwan is actually a professional photographer !

Bye
and it shows... So when we do write the book i'll be able to get a trip to La France to have my collection photographed. :)