• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irvin shoulder fit

crism1

Hello there guys, I've been lurking since ages and this year I'm finally trying to dip my feet into the military leather jacket world. I have however some questions and I hope you can help me sort things out since I got under my radars the WPG Irving on sale. I know it's going to disappoint you hardcore repro-guys, another thread about the low-tier WPG Irving, but winter is coming and I'd like to start slow before shelling big money (I'll gladly get an Aero in the near future when I'll have more experience)

I'm usually between a 36 to a 38 size but, as you may very well know, every time the experience is different and sometimes it may look like my coat is too snug, sometimes it looks like I'm super small inside a big jacket.

The jacket that better fits me (good silhouette, not too snug, not baggy, shoulder precisely where mine ends) is a 38 with these measures:

Shoulder: 18,1"
Pit to Pit: 20.5"
Sleeves: 25.2"

The smallest Irvin they have is 38 size and the measurements they gave me today are

Shoulder: 20.5"
Chest: 21" Armpit to Armpit flat laid on the table.
Sleeve: 24.5"

Now those shoulder 20.5 inches really are odd for a 38 size and I'm a bit scared it would look extra bulky on me. Are the shoulders seams located in the same place as regular jackets? Watching pictures here and there, sometimes you see bomber jackets having the shoulder seams a bit more forward on the arm and I'm wondering if that was a typical vintage feature (example of what I mean without the guy looking like he's wearing something oversized: https://www.schottnyc.com/images/1300x2000/A2SM_ANT_MAIN_FRT_Img1487.jpg \ https://www.schottnyc.com/images/1300x2000/A2SM_ANT_BK_Img1491.jpg). Would this be the case or the wanted jacket is just too big for my body?

Smithy

What Steve said.

Also Irvins look far, far better slightly over-sized than a trim fit. Nothing worse than that.

B-Man2

What both guys above me said.
The fleece takes up some room and you don’t want to be packed into it like a sausage .
I have a WPG Irvin and they’re not bad jackets. I like mine.