• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irvin seam tape

Hawkeye

As soon as i recieve it I'm going to be doing some minor restoration on a 1940 Links Irvin, and one of the things I am definately going to need is a long replacement seam tape that runs down the centre of the back of the jacket. anyone know where I can source a period tape, or even better, does anyone have one that they would be willing to part with? (for monetary compensation of course)

Jason

On the old site, I showed the before and after pics of my Irvin restoration - I managed to source some rather similar cow hide from a local knowledgable furniture manufacturer - managed to match the colour, texture, thickness and overall appearance of the originals quite closely.
I tried searching for my old thread at the old site, but gave up after 5 rather frustrating minutes.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Jason said:
I tried searching for my old thread at the old site, but gave up after 5 rather frustrating minutes.

.... It's not there, it was on the one before. :lol: