• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irvin Jacket, info wanted

pilot45

Hello all, I’m new on this forum and had a few questions regarding this Ervin Flying jacket. The jacket was presented to me last week by a local. According to his story he had received the jacket years ago from a former forced laborer who was forced to work in Junkers factory in Germany. This person claims to have picked up the jacket from a killed American airman who was crashed with his plane near the factory in 1944. After this he wear the jacket whole winter until he was returning home in spring 1945. The jacket intensively worn, the leather is fragile on some places and there are some small reparations on several places. The neck strap and the 2 small belts on the back of the jacket seems to me later added. The wool is very sensitive, on some places I can just pick it off. It looks 2 types of zippers were used. one zipper is marked with the name CLIX (post WW2?)

I’m not an expert on this kind of jacket’s and I know a lot of them also were fabricated in different factories and also post-ww2. Can somebody tell me more about this jacker and his origin?

Thanks for reading

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 184
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 4.jpg