• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting [Original] Field-Modified JA Dubow A2

Wz1999

Mystery solved

14249A32-66E0-471B-B22B-C27DA1308A20.jpeg

If the FB post is true, the grandfather handed the jacket down. LW would not be around then, making repro Dubows.
Taht jackets old, cracking on the shoulders.
My LW had a dark thread, almost seal brown. This jacket has authentic khaki thread, with the label looking like od, again, rather authentic.
The 1 was there on the label, one can see the stitch hole.
Original leather name tag missing. Rank tab stitch holes on epaulets.
Whether art is from WW2 or not, I guess one could contact the owner...
My moneys on that being and original, albeit modified.

mulceber

Judging by the size of the pockets, the jacket's a pretty small size. I wonder if they didn't have any more spec labels with the correct size on them, and so they used a spec label with the wrong size, folded it over to conceal the size, and attached a size label below it like they would on any other A-2 contract.

Wz1999

Judging by the size of the pockets, the jacket's a pretty small size. I wonder if they didn't have any more spec labels with the correct size on them, and so they used a spec label with the wrong size, folded it over to conceal the size, and attached a size label below it like they would on any other A-2 contract.
I spoke to the owner of this jacket this afternoon. Unfortunately, the white size label inside the pocket is missing. My guess is that Dubow had shortage of smaller size labels so they used the lager size label and fold the bottom.