• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

interesting new USAAF forum

Peter Graham

Looks interesting but I'll give it a miss. There is a certain resident of Spain lurking on there that would sour things for me very quickly, pity.

Andrew

Thanks Tim it does look interesting and it might be a good place to get additional research info on original and associated stuff and history. I've also had good success with the Army air forces website before. It's a nice looking site and the format's familiar.

Peter, hopefully that area won't be dominated (he says hopefully).

I registerd as "Rat Poison"

Tim P

our former VLJ member registeredshortly after I posted this. I wonder if he will be similarly recieved on that forum or if, by word and deed he stays above the conduct that led to his ousting here. lets hope so.

Vcruiser

Tim P said:
our former VLJ member registeredshortly after I posted this. I wonder if he will be similarly recieved on that forum or if, by word and deed he stays above the conduct that led to his ousting here. lets hope so.

Well...he immediately offered his services as moderator.
Wonder if they'll fall for it? Wouldn't that be somethin!!.....

Tim P

ah, live and let live. His conduct on here was, by his own admission beyond what could be accepted. maybe that was a lesson well learned and maybe he has mellowed.
Time will tell. I wouldnt let his presence on there deter me if I were considering joining any forum.

Burnsie

The FL was down completely within the past couple months - they temporarily lost a bunch of threads and posts. Looks like it happened again.
Sorry I'm taking this further from the USAAF topic.
And I also got sidetracked by discussion of your friend from Spain - he's on FL now too, right?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Burnsie said:
OK I've looked at the USAAF forum now - very spiffy looking. Who else here has joined up?

At first it looks like all new people. Then you read the posts, look at the avatars ...

It's the usual suspects, with new pseudonyms.

Roughwear

deeb7 said:
Burnsie said:
OK I've looked at the USAAF forum now - very spiffy looking. Who else here has joined up?

At first it looks like all new people. Then you read the posts, look at the avatars ...

It's the usual suspects, with new pseudonyms.

Yes several usual suspects plus a few new ones from the re-enactor fraternity.