• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

interesting civil 40s flight jacket

Ed Rooney

He was killed flying the Hump in 1943. If this is genuine, it's probably something he bought after the AVG and had patched. His bio says he came home for while and got married before joining the CNAC. My understanding is that the AVG did not have leather patches during the 41-42 time of existence.

The patch and the knits look like 1980's.

scwells

The AVG roster shows Allen Wright in the First Squadron (Adam and Eve), not the 2nd (Panda Bears). Peter Wright is listed in the Panda Bears.

Last edited:

M. from Berlin

The pictures are badly exposed. At first I thought about the cuffs. If you look at the other auctions of the seller, there are a lot of nice things. The one with the inside lettering and the patch. One can speculate here. The buyer pays the price. ;)

Ed Rooney

The pictures are badly exposed. At first I thought about the cuffs. If you look at the other auctions of the seller, there are a lot of nice things. The one with the inside lettering and the patch. One can speculate here. The buyer pays the price. ;)

Certainly a lot of nice vintage clothing,
but no militaria items or vintage leather. I would not count on any level of expertise from the seller.

Buy the Seller.