• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

inside a G-1

dujardin

hello all

needing a small piece of leather, I used an old jacket that I kept expressly for that

by cutting in the back, I was surprised at this detail

there are elastics that hold the back, especially at the level of the bellows

which allows this jacket to keep a good hold and avoids the surges at the seams

here is the photo

I wonder if on the older models, there are also elastics - I think the model M-422 dating the ww2

byeeeeeeeeeeeee
M

silvio76

hello all

needing a small piece of leather, I used an old jacket that I kept expressly for that

by cutting in the back, I was surprised at this detail

there are elastics that hold the back, especially at the level of the bellows

which allows this jacket to keep a good hold and avoids the surges at the seams

here is the photo

I wonder if on the older models, there are also elastics - I think the model M-422 dating the ww2

byeeeeeeeeeeeee
M
Did not know that.

Southoftheborder

To make the bi-swing back work. The elastic stops them staying stuck out when you you put your arms down. All bi swing backs should have them.

Last edited:

dujardin

on a french forum, someone ask me the different size of those elastics (because he notice one was bigger)

i took a picture

one is 18mm and the other 22mm
also 2 differents color
and 2 differents wefts

STEVE S.

Marcel,

Yes, all models have the elastic inside, some versions even have lighter duty elastic in the liner to spring the bi swing in the liner.

falcon_ib

Does anyone know if WW2 tanker jackets have this same elastic construction for the bi-swing back?