• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Insane price for used repro Aero A-"

Technonut2112

The only thing 'sending chills up my spine' is the price. :eek: If they have been in contact with Aero like stated in the listing, surely they made a mistake??? But then again, what price can possibly be placed on "AGED PATINA EXACTLY LIKE Harrison Ford's famous "INDIANA JONES" movie jacket patina! "?? :rolleyes: :p

Garylafortuna

Granted, Indiana Jones patina is way superior to general run of the mill patina, but this has got to be a typo error, gotta be. Either that or this is clearly a case of intellect being overruled by ego. Sheesh.

Ken at Aero Leather

I'm assuming a typo, that would make the price no higher than used Aeros with exceptional patina have made on ebay in the past.
I know of one particular Highwayman with spectacular patina that has twice sold for well over £200 more than the Aero website page for a brand new one on that same date
Aero / LVC Ruff'n'Ready jackets often sell for more than when new.
I recall an Eastman B-3 making way more than the new price a while back
I could see it making £700 on a good day with a tail wind but £7000? If it does our prices are going up :>)

ButteMT61

I think the seller is banking on that age old adage that "there's one born every minute" Andrew!

220px-PT_Barnum_1851-crop.jpg

I got to use this twice in two days!

johnwayne

If I thought I had such a rarity that was worth the price he's asking I'd take what must have been an hour composing that description! At least I'd have researched what I was selling.

Ken at Aero Leather

I've had more mails from the seller, she's actually a real sweet girl/young woman who sees the jacket and it's patina to be a "piece of art" which is quite flattering.
It seems she had several nasty emails which is rather sad, none from here I trust?
Obviously I disgree with her valuation and have told her so but art is often in the eye of the beholder and notoriously dificult to value.
On the other hand, would I prefer to spend £7000 on the "Art Jacket" or £150000 on Tracy Emin's bed? (Original Retail Price £300 at MFI)
No Contest, after all there's nothing to hang the bed up by, at least the jacket has a neck hook to hang it from a shoogly peg!
Charles Saachi...............are you there?

Emin-My-Bed.jpg

Last edited:

johnwayne

Well I agree with her there, some jackets are now works of art, painted or not. Odd isn't it that to most of us here look at jackets in such a way that the person on the street would think us crazy, my wife included!!
Well, if the jacket sells good luck to her I guess.
Cheers
Wayne

Bombing IP

Well looking at what the seller has listed nothing seems to be to out of sorts ,and in the sold history for this seller everything is at normal market value . Did anyone ask the seller is that price correct ? . With regards to wording used to sell the jacket ,the seller knows nothing about jackets A2 type and knows a little about Indiana Jones .To them that's the most famous jacket ever the Indy jacket . The seller not being part of the forum of course would make us laugh because we are the intelligentsia of all things worn in combat . I just wish members were as quick to give good postings as they are to jump in to criticize this place would be so much more interesting . How many members do we have and its the same 10-15 people posting all the time .

BIP

Ken at Aero Leather

. The seller not being part of the forum of course would make us laugh because we are the intelligentsia of all things worn in combat . I just wish members were as quick to give good postings as they are to jump in to criticize this place would be so much more interesting . How many members do we have and its the same 10-15 people posting all the time .

BIP

Well put BIP..............Quite possibly the best post on this forum in a long time, sadly this place does resemble an echo chamber

And re the price, yes she knows the price recommended by Aero

Roughwear

Well looking at what the seller has listed nothing seems to be to out of sorts ,and in the sold history for this seller everything is at normal market value . Did anyone ask the seller is that price correct ? . With regards to wording used to sell the jacket ,the seller knows nothing about jackets A2 type and knows a little about Indiana Jones .To them that's the most famous jacket ever the Indy jacket . The seller not being part of the forum of course would make us laugh because we are the intelligentsia of all things worn in combat . I just wish members were as quick to give good postings as they are to jump in to criticize this place would be so much more interesting . How many members do we have and its the same 10-15 people posting all the time .

BIP

I messaged the seller about price and he has not responded.