• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Input on Irvin RAF Jacket Wanted

SERE

Sere
Without trying to sound like I’m being a know it all and again without going into a explanation, let me know how you feel about freezing you biscuits off after you’ve done it for 41 years. Talking about surveillance ; you’ll be the only person wearing a jacket like that within 5 miles of your surveillance area. Your target will see you once and immediately notice you. The second time he sees you ‘ you’ll be burned. The jacket fits around your belt line, bend over and all your shit is hanging out for everyone to see. Honestly Sere I respect your opinion and I’m just trying to share some insight.
Cheers Buddy
No worries, I would agree that this jacket is not ideal for surveillance work and also not a good carry jacket either. The vast majority of my work load involves criminal investigations, which I don't foresee as a issue with this jacket. Forty one years of doing surveillance work, my hat is off to you sir. I have several colleagues who love surveillance work, myself I find it as my least favorite although I have had some very interesting days occur from it. At the risk of sounding soft, I must say there seems to be a lot of good blokes on this site! Cheers!