• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inexpensive jacket #1 Brooks cafe

mtdsstumps

This is a Brooks café-style jacket in a size 48. I don’t know when it was made, but I guess a size 48 gent was smaller than today. Too bad, because this is a decent jacket. I bought it on eBay in February 2007 for $75 and sold it a few months later because it was too small for me.
Brooks cafe 01a.JPG

The leather is lighter than a current model Schott. Other than that, the quality seems similar. It would certainly be usable as a motorcycle jacket. It has zippers where they need to be, a neck that closes up nicely, some adjustment for the waist, and a pleated back.
Brooks cafe 01b.JPG

It has a wind-blocking flap behind the main zipper, and a removable pile lining.
Brooks cafe 01c.JPG

The zippers are appropriately sized for their intended use.
Brooks cafe 01d.JPG

I hope you all enjoy this little photo-essay. Sometimes it is fun to see what the average motorcyclist might have worn a few years ago.

MikeyB-17

I have one exactly the same, except mine has an A-2 style collar. I found this Brooks catalogue on FB which shows both styles. Mine, sadly, is missing the liner.

IMG_0037.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    452.4 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    819.2 KB · Views: 350