• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indiana Jones jackets .

Bombing IP

Any one have this type of jacket ,seems the company Wested was the maker for the film .On Investigation the label inside the original did not credit Wested but was fitted with a Bermans-Nathans London label . I have been thinking about getting one and the Wested are not good copies .The best copies are made by Bill Kelso and Steel and Jones both these companies did there home work before they made jacket for sale . Nothing better than the original maker counts for nothing in this case as Wested produce a poor copy . Any one have one of the above makers .

Jeff
And thanks Heisenberg for his input on the jacket history clarification as always number one when it comes to contacts and knowledge !.

mulceber

I own one of BK’s Raiders jacket in their striated lambskin. Used to be my favorite jacket, until I discovered A-2s and the VLJ. Just order a size under what you mostly order for an A-2 and you’ll get a great jacket. BK copied a jacket that, in turn, had been copied from one of the original jackets from Raiders, so you’ll be getting a first rate jacket from them, and one that’s wearable in warmer weather.

Last edited:

Smithy

Young Master Smithy has a Wested Raiders I believe, and he speaks very highly of it as I recall.

Yup as Mikey pointed out I've got a Wested and absolutely love it. Mine's a Raiders (the standard version not the hero) in a leather they used to offer called soft seal brown cowhide which is very nice stuff.

Awesome jackets, easily my must comfortable and easy to wear leather jacket, really practical too and out of all my jackets it is the one which has garnered the most positive comments from people.

Here's some snaps from earlier this year...

3SI8PEd.png

oXh7OIr.png

23SnXwR.png

tzBnsMU.png

mulceber

Yeah, Wested turns out a great reproduction of the Raiders jacket, probably on par with AVI’s (maybe even Aero’s) level of accuracy with A-2 jackets. BK and S&J are more marketed toward the stitch counting crowd.

I will say, the biggest problem with Wested if you’re located in the states is how prone they are to mess up orders (get your measurements wrong, forget some detail that you specifically requested). They’ll do exchanges, but they make you pay the shipping, which gets expensive really quickly.

Bombing IP

Jan said
Yeah, Wested turns out a great reproduction of the Raiders jacket, probably on par with AVI’s (maybe even Aero’s) level of accuracy with A-2 jackets. BK and S&J are more marketed toward the stitch counting crowd.

I find this statement strange coming from you Jan ,its like accuracy is important for USAAF jackets but not important with Indy jackets near enough is good enough ? .

Jeff

mulceber

I think it really depends on what you're looking for. If you want perfect accuracy (and I tend to, both when it comes to Raiders jackets and A-2 jackets) then BK/S&J are the way to go. I try to remember though that different people want different things out of their jackets. Wested is good at a budget, and they made the originals, so that's attractive to a lot of people. If you're not going to start holding your jacket up next to the tv screen and scrutinizing whether this detail or that is a perfect match, you'll be happy with them. If you're the type who will do that (as I am), then you should save yourself the frustration and aim higher.