• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In a french militaria show in St Avold today …

Pilot

A seller from Belgium….
on camping tables behind the back if his car… on the parking lot…:)
322FA2D4-2408-4613-A6E0-CBC652A3A065.jpeg
56186063-810A-447F-8F97-5941BA446DAF.jpeg
322FA2D4-2408-4613-A6E0-CBC652A3A065.jpeg
56186063-810A-447F-8F97-5941BA446DAF.jpeg

mulceber

Possibly a newbie question on my part, but do we know why Aota never decided to release a second edition of Full Gear? The demand is clearly there, to judge by the price this one is going for.

Smithy

Possibly a newbie question on my part, but do we know why Aota never decided to release a second edition of Full Gear? The demand is clearly there, to judge by the price this one is going for.

There was talk about a full English version after it came out (it's mostly Japanese) but that obviously didn't materialise.

It was never re-released as it was really a labour of love of the author and I doubt it will ever see another printing.

ausreenactor

Lowers the value, worth of the first edition.

ausreenactor

There was talk about a full English version after it came out (it's mostly Japanese) but that obviously didn't materialise.

It was never re-released as it was really a labour of love of the author and I doubt it will ever see another printing.

Get a Chinese publisher to reproduce it..

Trademark and Copyright .= Not a thing
????...

ausreenactor

Found out today Australia is paying 8x the going vaccine rate for our COVID19 jabs... wonder why our CSL CEO got 43 Million dollars last year.

Who owns the shares?

Silver Surfer

I used to email back and forth with aota, and he wrote that he never had any plans to offer "full gear" in English. when I asked if he planned to publish a second run, he simply replied, "no". though aota's book has a few [recent discoveries] omissions, and there are a couple of inaccuracies, the book is far and beyond more detailed that anything available about wwll flight jackets. indispensable for collectors, and serious jacket enthusiasts. sometimes ya gotta ask yourself,, " what is the price of knowledge?"

Kermit3D

I don't know what his reasons are for refusing to republish this book.
He would probably sell a lot and make money. And it would prevent this rare book from reaching ridiculous amounts of money. The result is that this book is only available to a very small number of people (who can afford it and are lucky enough to find one). Knowledge should not be limited to an "elite".

Moreover, if the book were published again even at a relatively high (but reasonable) price, it would avoid the temptation to make illegal copies.

Silver Surfer

when the book was published, I believe I paid somewhere in the vicinity of $200, which I considered outrageous. as written previously, indispensable. once in a blue moon they do come up, and are offered in the $300-$500 range. I might add that in aota's case his research, and putting the book together was a labor of love. if he saw a profit from his efforts, it was minimal, if any at all.