• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

A

Anonymous

Just to let you know, BK has been in negotiations lately with a UK based company, who has submitted an offer to become major shareholder in BK. The story is long but I will confine myself to just say that the main terms have more or less been agreed and unless something goes wrong at the last moment, very soon BK will fly the English flag on its deck.

UJ_Flying.jpg

Luckily, I won't be fired ;) and operations will continue in our current establishment normally. Do not be alarmed if you have any orders. It's business as usual.

The UK company wishes its identity to remain undisclosed for the time being.

havocpaul

Good news? Depends on who they are I guess and if they just plan on investing financially or if they will want to have a more hands-on approach and influence future plans, prices etc

John Lever

Well we can rule out Woolworth,HMV,J B Sports,Athena and TVR....
let's hope it's not Aviation Leathercraft :lol:

A

Anonymous

we do business only with quality companies, not mickey mouse companies

Dr H

Duchy of Cornwall?
oh no, wait a minute, that's not a corporation is it?
:roll:

John Lever

Just curious,why do you need to combine with another business surely a small artisanal company is the way to go ?

Silver Surfer

hahahaha, tvr. bet most havent a clue as to what a tvr was. once upon a time. i had a 1967 1800s. the word "eccentric" does not begin to describe a tvr. up until the 1980s-90s they were hand made body and chassis, with motors from mg. triumph, rover, ford, etc, and parts from anywhere and everywhere. including toggles from ferrari. sometimes production numbered in the hundreds, as against other makers that had production numbers in the multiple thousands. some were made better then others, but all were fast. real fast. in fact, they called the griffith the "cobra killer" back in the day. they began in blackpool uk, and were bought and sold several times till they finally died in the later 1980s or 90s. still have several original 1960s tvr blackpool patches that i purchased directly from stan kilcoin [1960s-70s parts manager for tvr]. hhhmmmm.....might be a nice add on for my upcoming bk aeronaut. sorry, off subject, but i just couldnt help myself having read johns post.

John Lever

Yep Blackpool... but do you know why they were called TVR ....
They were always noisy cars and in the end, banned from the USA. The Cerberus was a monster.

Silver Surfer

ah man, ya beat me to the punch, dr. h. see what happens whey ya gotta take the dog for a walk? thats TreVoR. yeah, they had to be noisy cause the were so small and low to ground they couldnt be seen, hahahaha. in a tvr, when ya ran over a tooth pick, you could actually tell if it was a round type or a flat type. oh, did i forget to mention that the door stops were made of pot metal? tubular steel frame with glued on fiberglass body panels [very advanced in the day] with pot metal parts [not so advanced]. nevertheless, a fun short.

Smithy

John Lever said:
Yep Blackpool... but do you know why they were called TVR ....
They were always noisy cars and in the end, banned from the USA. The Cerberus was a monster.

Just imagine if they had released the Speed 12 ;)

Fella up the road back home had a Griffith (the 90s one not the 60s) and it made possibly the best noise it is possible for a car to make.

John Lever

Dr H said:
John Lever said:
.. but do you know why they were called TVR ....

Trevor [Wilkinson] minus the vowels and the 'r'... for some reason...
Spoil sport.
Yes they sound great,but nothing compared to what I heard last weekend at The Festival of Speed.
They ended up in Russian ownership then went silent....

Peter Graham

PLATON said:
very soon BK will fly the English flag on its deck.

UJ_Flying.jpg

That's actually a British flag, not that it really matters. Good luck to BK in their multi national effort, if it benefits the customer that is. If not, well..... :roll: