Im looking for my 1st Irvin Jacket

Michael

Hi all Im a new guy here I saw a lots of topics about the Irvin Jackets and I have take a decision to get the ELC but ... for the ELC my size would be 44 Im 6' 1 , 189 and chest 43.
In fact Im not sure if size 44 will be the right one. Could you give me some advise please ? I would like to wear under my Irvin SD etc etc ...
thank you very much

MikeyB-17

Hi mate. If I were you I’d contact ELC themselves, they’ll point you in the right direction.

B-Man2

Mikey offered you good advise.....
You might also check the ELC website for measurement advise.
Aside from those two suggestions, I personally think a size 44 would work for you. Keep in mind that these jackets are bulky and are made with a couple of inches of room to accommodate the heavy fleece lining.

D97x7

Hi, you're very a similar size to me, I have a 44 which is a fine fit for me but I could easily wear a 46 without it being too big, I also have a 46 B-3. In fact if I was to buy another it'd more than likely be a 46.

John Lever

Hi all Im a new guy here I saw a lots of topics about the Irvin Jackets and I have take a decision to get the ELC but ... for the ELC my size would be 44 Im 6' 1 , 189 and chest 43.
In fact Im not sure if size 44 will be the right one. Could you give me some advise please ? I would like to wear under my Irvin SD etc etc ...
thank you very much
Go for size 46.

Otter

Word to the wise: double check the sleeve length. I had a (not new to me) Aero in 46 which I moved on as the sleeve length was a lightly too long. My current is a BOB Eastman in 46 which has a better sleeve length but to my eye is a lighter weight fleece than I remember in the Aero.
Double check, John, do Eastman still use the zip with the plastic bottom backer ?

mulceber

Welcome to the board, Mikey. I'll defer to the others here on sizing, but I will suggest that, depending on where you're located, you might consider buying your Eastman from Drifterproductions, on eBay: at present, they have a pretty fantastic deal on Eastman's Irvins:

Michael

Thank you very much for all !!!
Mulceber: In fact I get an offer from Drifterproductions but I am from Europe and all import charges its horrible !!! I apprecciate your help !!!

mulceber

Ah, yeah, that would make it a lot less worthwhile. Ah well - I hope you find the perfect fit, and at a decent price.

bn1966

I’m a 46 chest and purchased an ELC BOB in 46, if I did it again I would go 48 for a bit more wriggle room, tried on a 48 B-3 and looked like I’d been attacked by a bear