• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm just window shopping but what are good quality repro contract A-2's that are under $200

Smithy

Yeah as the other guys say, it's not going to happen. You're better off saving your money for a few months and getting something like a 5 Star.

You said in another thread that you're 17, I remember having to do the same to buy surfboards and guitars way back in the day. If you're at school, get a summer job, work your pants off and come autumn you'll have enough for a nice shiny new jacket.

You'll appreciate it more too.

Nickb123

Also, the Chinese made Alpha A-2s are underrated. Strong goatskin and pretty good construction and not a horrible cut. Though some may have had different experiences.

Chandler

Not sure if you’ll find much in the way of contract A-2s, but in that price range I’d be looking at Gibson and Barnes on eBay.
Hmm. Now that you mention it. I have a very heavy horsehide, heavily finished Flight Suits seal A-2 I'm thinking of selling.

Great true 44 fit, great knits. Just really bullet-proof hide.

I think it's worth a little more than $199, however. Just me, but I'll test the waters.

MaydayWei

Well currently I'm a 36. The A-2 I currently have is a 38 and the arms just don't have the "tighter" look I like.

Aw, shucks. I'm a 36 too, @Dimitry M. But I don't have any A-2s!
I have a few G-1s in 36 I'm thinking of selling, but that's not your speed.
If you want an A-2 don't go for anything but an A2!

Nickb123

If you’re a 36-38 I highly recommend perusing Yahoo Japan auctions for a used Buzz Rickson A-2. Yeah, it’ll be more than $200, but since it’s a smaller size, you’ll have way more options than the 42 and above crowd and you can find screaming deals on a A+ jacket which will be a much better value and more accurate (depending on how you perceive value) than a $200 jacket. Color me envious.