• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ILCEA Box Horsehide Driving Jacket

NeverGoneYC

Hello everyone, I’m a newcomer. Please forgive my poor English because it’s not my first language.

When I was googling Aero, I found this small & beautiful forum. Although I just read several threads, I find there are so many professional and hardcore players. As a vintage fan, I signed up immediately.

Today, I’d like to share my favorite jacket, which doesn’t belong to any brand. But in my opinion, it’s the premium one.

In addition, I also like cameras and lenses. I used SONY A7R3 to ensure the image quality in this thread.

full

About the leather:

ILCEA Tannery was founded in the 1930s. Today it’s in Turin, Italy. Many famous footwear brands use ILCEA leather, such as John Lobb, Carmina, VASS etc.

ILCEA was known as it’s leather——“Museum Calf” & “Box Calf”, some beautiful shoes are as below.

full

Museum Calf by John Lobb

full

Museum Calf by VASS

full

Box Calf by VASS

This jacket is made of box horsehide, the texture is great and the leather is very tight and tough.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

wool lining
full

very close look to this leather

About the detail:
full

full

full

full

full

I think the craft is high level, the stitches are straight and elegant.

full

Where did I get this leather?

My friend is an excellent shoemaker, he is crazy in sort of different leather and he likes trying some rare leather. Half year ago he bought 300 sqft box horsehide. I thought it’s an awesome leather to make a jacket, so I bought some leather from my friend.

Then I found a small workshop named GUOFO, which had made high quality jacket for many years, so I sent the leather, told the size of my shoulder, chest and the proper sleeve length. One month later, I received this premium jacket.

full

The end. Thanks for reading.

If someone have question about this jacket, I’ll try my best to reply~

Last edited: