• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If You Like WW2 Squadron Patches - Better Be Sitting Down

CBI

wow an old thread. I had all this verification that they were real patches from the owner of the collection however they ARE repros. Main giveaway is all by the same artist. But really great stuff.

One of the many nice things about living in a smaller community is one gets some excellent opportunities. The local air museum asked me if I would not mind identifying these WW2 squadron patches given to them by a relative of a Vet who collected them during WW2. All hand painted, every single one would pass inspection as ORIGINAL and go for top dollar on eBay! Taken as a total unit, looks like the same artist and some consistent things with many of them verses the variety of what was produced by different units. So, maybe not 100% legit but painted correctly MANY years ago. Anyway, here was my dinning room table earlier today:

IMG_8120.jpg

IMG_8122.jpg

IMG_8123.jpg

IMG_8126.jpg

IMG_8125.jpg

IMG_8131.jpg

IMG_8129.jpg

IMG_8130.jpg

IMG_8128.jpg

IMG_8127.jpg

IMG_8139.jpg

IMG_8137.jpg

More later and I am sure I will be calling on some of your patch identification services.

Enjoy
Your photo didn't come through. I'ld love to see it!