• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identifying patch shadow

ADC

Hi all, I am trying hopefully to identify this patch stitch shadow on my Gordon & Ferguson M 422 A jacket. Quite large and about 6 inches long. My research indicates a variation of the Flying Tigers winged tiger and star might fit in nicely or even an anchor. Could be a needle in haystack search but as this is an irregular and distinctive outline it is possible it could be identified if a similar shaped patch is known. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

JDAM

I had one very similar on an early A-2 linked to a RCAF flyer.

A_WWII_RCAF_generic_heraldic_style_jacket_patch_made_by_Crest_Craft_circa_1941.jpg

ADC

Thanks guys. The RCAF looks similar but the shadow is quite irregular and asymetrical especially at the bottom. I'll have to look for more gaggle patches. I've lookded at hundreds of patches and if I ever find the same shape I most likely have found the real deal.

unclegrumpy

Here is an example of a Korean War era gaggle patch...not the correct shape as what you are looking for, but one that will give you a better idea of what one looks like:

resized_20150906_121203.jpg

EMBLEMHUNTER

Looks to me more like the RAF shaped patch , maybe not the one posted but one of that venue ...................