• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ID maker of my Uncle's WW2 A-2???

AZPhil

Hello All,
I have been referred to this site in search of an answer to my question.
I was told that the stitch pattern on my uncle's A-2 epaulets in this photo could be used to ID the maker.
I have already searched the acmedepot for answer's, But they do not show the epaulet stitch pattern type on his jacket.
This Photo is 42'-43' timeframe. I attached the original and one where I zoomed in on the epaulet.

Can someone ID the maker of this A-2?
Thanks For Looking.

Semper Fi
Phil

Attachments

• uncle joe 443rd repair.jpg
    uncle joe 443rd repair.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Uncle Joe at workbench (3) resized 250 epaulet.jpg
    Uncle Joe at workbench (3) resized 250 epaulet.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 188

mulceber

That would be my guess as well. The v-shaped x-box stitching on the epaulets is unusual, but the fact that the x-boxes are huge, along with a rather small collar with acute points says Dubow. Best bet says 27798, unless he completed his flight training before August of '42.

AZPhil

Thank you all for taking a look.
I had gone through the epaulets photo's on acmedepot. But could not find a match.
After seeing the Dubow suggestions ,I went and looked at the Dubois jacket again.This time looking at the jacket in its whole entirety
I noticed the epaulets shown for this maker was the Left one. So I looked at the Dubow jacket front view and saw the Right epaulet(like what is shown in my uncles photo) It had that V type stitch pattern.

So I wish to thank you all for your assistance and
Excellent work in IDing Joe's A-2.

Now if you excuse me, I have a Dubow rabbit hole to jump in.

Semper Fi
Phil