• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have been looking for one like this for a long time

bazelot

M-450 USN summer flight helmet complete with chin cup and leather ear cups.

02e2_1.jpg

04a8_1.jpg

0657_1.jpg

08e0_1.jpg

The leather of the ear cups is usually very tattered on those helmets. This example seems to be in excellent shape. Can't wait to get it.

Andrew

What's you interest Tom? I started out years ago collecting nothing but headgear- had to get one of everything. Luckily for me I got over it before I got everything :lol: . I've since sold off most but these days I still have a few really good rare helmets but since they are hardly useful I am happy with jackets.

collagehelmets.jpg

bazelot

Those are very nice Andrew. I now only collect WWII USN pilot gear so anything Navy or Marines is interesting.
Your collection is awesome and must have fetch quite apretty penny. I had been looking for an M-450 with good condition leather for a while but it always turned out that the leather on the earcups was rotten and falling apart.
I received the helmet on Monday and I must say it is in awesome shape. I added a pair of AN6530 to it and I ordered a Styrofoam head to display it.
Thanks for sharing.